A few questions about the Spirit

Catmomma

Heading out to Mexico on the Spirit in January and I have a few silly questions that will help me pack.

1) Can you bring water or sodas on board and if so what is a "reasonable amount" for 2 adults to bring aboard without being in trouble? Also will I catch any grief for bringing a box of power bars in my luggage for my workouts?

2) What is the climate control like in the main dining room? I have been on some cruises where the dining room was always kept as cold as a meat locker. Would like to know if I need to bring jackets or shawls to go with my dresses.

I know I will think up more later but for now that I all I can think of.

thanks!

You can get quicker service from the Carnival FAQ, here is your specific answer:

Here is the faq Link:

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/FAQLanding.aspx

Can't answer climate question... but they are ususally cool...

Liquor and Beverage Policy

Bringing Alcohol On Board - Embarkation

Guests are prohibited from bringing alcoholic beverages on board. However, wine enthusiasts may bring fine wine or champagne on board only during embarkation at the beginning of the cruise. A $10 corkage fee per bottle will be charged should you wish to consume this wine in the dining room or a $14 corkage fee per bottle in the Supper Club. Guests may bring a small quantity of nonalcoholic beverages. All liquor, excessive quantities of wine and nonalcoholic beverages, to be determined at the discretion of security and/or embarkation personnel, will be confiscated and discarded without compensation. Guests may purchase a variety of beverages on board the ship. Alcoholic beverages will not be sold or served to anyone under the age of 21. We reserve the right to refuse the sale of alcoholic beverages to anyone. Alcoholic beverages purchased in the ship’s gift shops or in ports of call will be retained by Carnival until the end of the voyage.

yep saw that info on the Carnival site. Not interested in bringing alcohol. I am talking about water and some cokes. I did not know what was considered a "small quantity". To me that sound slike you can walk on board with a bottle of water in your hand but maybe it means a 6 pack of sodas? Just curious what other's have brought aboard without getting guff for it.

I would like to bring a 6 pack of cokes and a 6 pack of small water bottles. Just would like to know ahead of time if that is a waste of my time.

I brought on a case of bottles water and a 12pack of soda before. The soda I put in checked bags, just so I don't have to carry and the water I threw in the bottom of my son's stroller - in plain sight. Nobody said anything. Power bars will be fine too.

yep saw that info on the Carnival site. Not interested in bringing alcohol.

Sorry Catmomma, if I would have read your post more thoroughly, I could have been more helpful...

We have always brought a 12 pack per person of soda, we place it in checked luggage. We usually pack a thing of water as well. No problem with power bars, no restrictions!

Have a great cruise!!!

Archived