Information on entertainers on your Celebrity cruise

negc

When we have cruised on Royal Caribbean, I have been able to email the cruiseline (web_reservations@rccl.com) to obtain a list of the entertainers scheduled to perform during our upcoming cruise. Is there a similar email address for Celebrity where I can request similar information?

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone provide an answer to this question? Thanks, we would like to know who the entertainers will be on our Constellation Westbound transatlantic cruise next September. I know that it is too early to obtain this information at this time, but would like to know if it can be obtained closer to our sailing date. Thanks.:)

Sorry I can't answer your question ... but I do like the concept. I'll keep tuned in here and hope you get a positive response.

Thanks for responding anyway. I was beginning to wonder if anyone of the many folks who have read this thread would at least respond. Perhaps the information isn't available from Celebrity, although it is from Royal Caribbean, but you would think someone might know the answer.:)

I don't know if Celebrity offers this information but I have a couple of suggestions:

• Ask your TA if they can check into it for you.
  • Email the RCCL address and ask if they have a counterpart at Celebrity that can help (I'd be shocked if they know but it can't hurt to ask).
  • Hope that Ocyngpz sees this question! :)

If I think of any other ideas, I'll let you know!

I don't know if Celebrity offers this information but I have a couple of suggestions:
  • Ask your TA if they can check into it for you.
  • Email the RCCL address and ask if they have a counterpart at Celebrity that can help (I'd be shocked if they know but it can't hurt to ask).
  • Hope that Ocyngpz sees this question! :)

If I think of any other ideas, I'll let you know!

Thanks, Anne. I'm just surprised that no one on this board seems to have an answer. Similar questions have been asked on the RCI board and someone always seems to respond. I'd hate to think that the entertainment on Celebrity is so run of the mill, that no one cares to find out what it is prior to their cruise.;) Now that remark will probably draw a response or two.:rolleyes:

Thanks, Anne. I'm just surprised that no one on this board seems to have an answer. Similar questions have been asked on the RCI board and someone always seems to respond. I'd hate to think that the entertainment on Celebrity is so run of the mill, that no one cares to find out what it is prior to their cruise.;) Now that remark will probably draw a response or two.:rolleyes:

Good try !!!!!

Wish i had the answer. Never knew it was even possible to find that out on other cruiselines.

If you find out, let us know

Nadine

I can tell you that our entertainment on Century this week was terrific. Pretty darn good all the way around. I do have to admit that it hadn't occurred to me to try and find out ahead of time what the entertainment might be on an upcoming cruise. But don't give up yet. Someone may have an answer.....

I can tell you that our entertainment on Century this week was terrific. Pretty darn good all the way around. I do have to admit that it hadn't occurred to me to try and find out ahead of time what the entertainment might be on an upcoming cruise. But don't give up yet. Someone may have an answer.....

I'm sure it was and I hope that everyone realizes that I wasn't seriously suggesting the entertainment was deficient. If I find out the answer to my question, I will be sure to share it with everyone on here.:)

Hi Negc !

I have Emailed Captains Club several times in the past about this. Each time... I Emailed few weeks before our Cruise, asking about Guest Entertainers. Most of the time, I recieved no response. One ONE occasion, I did get an actual response, saying they could not give out that information. Why ? I dont know :). I never ask Celebrity any longer, as an answer will probably not be forthcoming.

It is funny that Royal Caribbean offers this information to passengers, and Celebrity does not. My guess is Celebrity could very well do the same as Royal Caribbean, but they choose not to bother.

Thanks Andy. It certainly is puzzling that Celebrity isn't as forthcoming as RCI in this regard. I have found it nice to have some information about the entertainers who will be performing on our past RCI cruises. Often the name has not been familiar but googling their name provides info on some of their past credits etc. When our cruise date gets closer I think I will still email them and request the information. Perhaps they will change their policy or at least explain their reticence.:)

Bill and Andy ~ I don't think it's that Celebrity doesn't want to give this information out. I think it would be more of an issue of having staff members that were informed. Can't explain why RCI has this info readily available and Celebrity does not, but after our experience with parking at the port of Miami last week and dealing with Celebrity and RCI staff on hand, I am convinced that neither line has much to do with the way the other handles information. It would be nice if they had some operations and information handling that crossed both lines.

The entertainers on Celebrity come from a very small pool of repeat performers. I doubt that anyone knows much ahead of time who goes where, gets off at what port and flips to another ship. Can you actually get information on any ship, any sailing date, for months in advance?

On our just completed Mercury 15 night cruise we had:

4 production shows, some of them available on other ships as well...

And the Winner Is, Swing Train, A Touch of Broadway, and Dance Around The World.

Guest entertainers:

Don Bryan and Noseworthy

Scott Record, Impressionist,

Jordan Bennett, Singer (Loud)

Jennifer Fair, Soprano

Yian Jiang, Pianist

Don Gavin, Godfather of Boston Comedy (As good as the Big Dig)

Michael James, the Ladder Guy

Aerialists... great

There are a few other performers whose names I did not record on past voyages : Lindsay Hamilton (sp? GREAT), Jack Walker (like Tom Jones)...

Anyone who cruises on different ships will encounter the same jokes and the same songs. A few of them are worth seeing over and over...

I wish the list was much longer

Anne, I agree with you.

BTW we have had both Scott Record and Don Gavin on some of our RCI cruises. Don Gavin is a well-known and well-regarded comic from the Boston area and his routine onboard was notable because he avoided all of the standard cruise ship jokes and was quite funny.

Someone suggested that when the cruise date gets closer, I should contact the Captain's Club and see if they can answer my question or refer me to a source of the information. I will do so and will post the results.

Don Gavin is a well-known and well-regarded comic from the Boston area and his routine onboard was notable because he avoided all of the standard cruise ship jokes and was quite funny.

Some laughed at every sigh in his jokes. I lost interest as soon as he referred to the boring Canadian people and their National Anthem. It might be true but I don't appreciate any humour based on ethnic or national insults.:mad:

Arno ~ was there an a capella group on Mercury?

Hi Anne:

We had a Piano player and a string quartet that played in the Cova. The Meows were on our October Century crossing however.

Arno

Someone suggested that when the cruise date gets closer, I should contact the Captain's Club and see if they can answer my question or refer me to a source of the information. I will do so and will post the results.

Hi Negc !

Good Luck. That's the route I have taken in the past, and I have never recieved an list of Entertainers. Perhaps they will work on making it happen in the future. If anything positive happens, please let us know.

Does anyone know a way to get Matt Yee on their cruise?? We saw him on our cruise to Alaska and just had tons of fun!

Matt Yee has been on two of our cruises on Mariner of the Seas and he is a riot. However, his schtick is fairly limited and if you have seen his act a couple of times you pretty much know it by heart. After three or four nights of seeing him in the Schooner Bar, it gets quite predictable, but for those seeing him for the first time, he puts on quite a show.

Archived