RECOMMENDATIONS OF Noordam PLEASE

NORWALKCTCRUISER

Greg, your photos are great, and we've sent you a message about them. Since we're newbies to our digital camera, we took only a few pictures of the ship - we don't have the skill to match your photos. Now we'd like to download some of your pictures and print them; but we don't know how to do it. Maybe you can give us suggestions.

(We're so new at digital photography that out pictures are sitting in our camera, 8 days after we got back home from the Noordam. We'll need to read the manual to figure out how to get the pictures out of the camera and into our computer or a CD.)

Greg, your photos are great, and we've sent you a message about them. Since we're newbies to our digital camera, we took only a few pictures of the ship - we don't have the skill to match your photos. Now we'd like to download some of your pictures and print them; but we don't know how to do it. Maybe you can give us suggestions.

(We're so new at digital photography that out pictures are sitting in our camera, 8 days after we got back home from the Noordam. We'll need to read the manual to figure out how to get the pictures out of the camera and into our computer or a CD.)

Dear Joe and Joan,

Got your e-mail. Feel free to write at any time with questions and I'll be happy to try and help.

Digital photography is as much an art as is film photography, but with different wrinkles. :) I much prefer it, though ... it is so much easier, and far cheaper than film-photography.

There are two ways to download to your computer the photos from the mac.com galleries. The kind of computer you use (i.e. your Operating System: Windows or OSX ?) will determine which is the easiest. If you use a Macintosh, all you have to do is click on the image displayed in the slide-show gallery and, while holding the mouse button down, drag the image over to your desktop and let go. That will download the image as a file to your desktop. With windows you have to right-click on the image, then select download. Either way, it's not hard.

Norwalk,Ct. Cruiser, Were you with the group from the American Leigon on the

NCL Spirit that just returned Sunday? If so, we had some friends aboard. We will be on the Noordam Jan 6th and were on her last April. I'm sure you will

enjoy her. They have a great Club HAL for the children. PS. We are also from

Norwalk. Gayle

Norwalk cruiser, if you are planning a Christmas cruise, make sure you know what that entails. If you want to be with your family, and have a lot of kids onboard (and it sounds as if that is the case), be aware that the cruise will be crowded, but that your kids will have lots of company. (If, like us, your kids are grown, and there are no grandchildren, you may want to avoid sailing over a holiday.)

The ship will be richly decorated. They started putting up the decorations when we were in San Juan on 12/3. By the end of the trip on 12/6, the ship's decor was in full Christmas mode.

Greg, thanks for offering your help. I think we have at least one email from you at home. I'll look it up over the weekend. Joe

Gayle,

No we were by ourselves, drove down from Norwalk and park at the Dock next to the Spirit, Glad to know your from Norwalk. I have been in Norwalk for 27 years and love it. Thanks for the comments as I have 2 boys, Nicolas 6 and Leonardo 3:D I'm actually going to book the cruise for Next December but before the holidays. Prices seem high right now, so I think I will wait as I only need an Inside room

I'm sure you will enjoy her. They have a great Club HAL for the children. PS. We are also from Norwalk. Gayle

Thank you so much for posting the comment about Club HAL. Taking our first HAL cruise on the Noordam in February with our 6 and 4 yo daughters. Having read so much negative here about kids in general, it's refreshing to hear the kids facilities on the Noordam are good. There will be almost 300 kids on our sailing, with about 75 in the 3-7 age range. A little concerned about the HAL Club handling that many after some of the comments I've seen.

BTW, we lived in Norwalk for a couple of years (loved it) but we're in Bridgeport now.

I'm on the Christmas '06 cruise that starts this Saturday. I will be sure to come back to this thread with info on how Christmas is celebrated :D

I'm also looking at the '07 Christmas 14 dayer. :D

See you on the flip side!

I'm already booked on the '07 Holiday cruise but from the look of the roll call I will be the only person onboard. :)

Shirley,

When you get back from your cruise make sure you let me know about the kids club, I'll look forward for your review, are you driving down to the port? Glad to know a few neighbors from CT cruise:D

spcl4cs, I'm working the finals details on my cruise for december 07, so you might not be the only one, I'm just hoping prices go down a little

I'll be sure to post about the kids' club when I get back. Sharing information is what makes this board so useful. And getting information on Club HAL has been a bit frustrating.:rolleyes:

Yes, I'm driving to the port. Manhattan cruise port is very easy to get to--I've sailed from there a couple of times already and haven't had any problems driving myself. Parking is easy and not too expensive for NYC. Certainly more affordable than hiring a car service and easier than taking public transportation.

Have a lovely holiday!

Just a thought if you are concerned about prices.......

We were on Noordam's inaugural & paid what we thought was a fair price for that cruise, given it was the inaugural. At that time I didn't know about CC & all the info here. wacko.gif

We're also booked for the Jan 6, 2007 cruise & again paid what we thought was a decent price. Then we got a price reduction a few months ago. woohoo3.gif We like to book a specific cabin, not a guarantee.

Holiday sailings tend to sell out. If you know you want that Noordam sailing & that you want a specific cabin, book it now. You're only on the hook for the deposit. You can watch prices & if they decrease, up until final payment date, ask your TA for that reduction. You should get it because it comes from HAL.

More power to you. I just can't imagine making holiday plans more than a whole year in advance. dontknow.gif

Archived