QM2 Balcony Question!

dugknight

On some ships I have been on in the past, you are able to open up the partition between two adjoining balconies so that you can share one big balcony if you are in a room next to somebody you know. Does anybody know if this is possible on the QM2 in the B4 in hull balcony category? Thanks!

We were on QM2 Dec. 2nd in a B-4 hull balcony cabin. The partition between the balconies cannot be completely removed but there is a door that can be opened by your cabin steward(ess) to allow you to walk between balconies.

Yes, the ship was beautifully decorated. There are pictures posted on our roll call thread--go to Roll Calls Other, then QM2 Dec. 2, 2006. The pictures are either on the last page or next to last page of that thread.

dugknight...if you look on the main forum, part way down the page is a thread called "Xmas decorations on QM2"...look at both pages. Therapst kindly posted some of my pictures from the QM2 that I took last week...some have the decorations and the main tree in the Grand Lobby. It looked lovely and very festive everywhere we went.

Cheers, Penny...still wishfully "Live from the QM2"

The partition door is a simple square hole and can be opened using a pair of scissors.

One note, the clip to hold the door open does not work well and you will wish to lock it at night or bungee it open to stop it banging back and forward.

Archived