7 seas society 'perks'

donaldo

Having recently left the Navigator in Ft Lauderdale before she went straight to dry dock I have to say the best thing about the cruise was the free telephone calls. My wife has parents in their mid 80's and it was great for her, and them, that she was able to ring them every day at no cost to us. Ringing the UK from islands of the caribbean at $6.50 a minute amounted to $390 and was of great benefit to us. The free internet helped in checking in on-line enabling me to confirm our seats on the flight home but of 250 minutes I only used 50 so no great shakes there. We also used the pressing service for the formal night but nothing else.

I agree that the free internet and phone are very good perks. With the cost of these services for ships really dropping dramatically (and bandwith increasing), Regent got those things right.

(BTW, anyone use their art auction credits:confused: . Never will understand that one:eek: )

Forgot to mention that we received individual letters from Regent stating our 'perks' (stating 1 hour free telephone calls) and then on board my wife asked at reception for clarification - not wanting a $ bill - and was told 1 hour per suite, then I asked at reception and spoke to - no names - the chap who does the telephone bills on your accounts to be told it is 1 hour per person. We actually just went over 1 hour by about 4 minutes but have not yet been billed on our credit card. So it seems it is also down to whom you speak to.

Archived