How do you get from orlando air port to Port Canaveral?

stanpow11

Can anyone tell me how to get from Orlando's airport to the port Canaveral.

Any if there are any good hotels to stay at.

The cheapest way to go is usually to rent a car at the airport in Orlando and drive over to Port Canaveral where you can drop the car off locally and be transported to the ship. Most people seem to recommend the Radison over there but there are many many hotels in Port Canaveral.

We just came back Thanksgiving week. We rented a car from Budget and returned it at Budget. (Port Canaveral) They dropped us off at the ship. You just have to tip them. It is about 5 minutes from the ship. They are very nice at Budget. We stayed at the Best Western this time. It is right on the water. Last time we stayed at Radison. It was more relaxing to rent the car and drop it off. No long lines waiting to take you to the ship. If you stay at Best Western,they give you a card if you go to Ron Jon's for 15% off. Didn't know and went there first. Great summer t shirts and tank tops.

When we sailed the Glory out of Port Canaveral we booked an airport hotel in Orlando and rented a car from the airport. We spent the night in Orlando and drove to Port Canveral in the morning...no problems with the drive, the car rental, the return...whatever. We didn't know how we were going to handle the return but they told us to go ahead and make the reservation and just to call them if we decided not to use them. When we got off the ship we walked out of the terminal, saw a guy from Budget. He had us at the rental place in about 2 minutes and we headed back to the airport where we dropped off our car.

No brain damage necessary.

When we sailed the Glory out of Port Canaveral we booked an airport hotel in Orlando and rented a car from the airport. We spent the night in Orlando and drove to Port Canveral in the morning...no problems with the drive, the car rental, the return...whatever. We didn't know how we were going to handle the return but they told us to go ahead and make the reservation and just to call them if we decided not to use them. When we got off the ship we walked out of the terminal, saw a guy from Budget. He had us at the rental place in about 2 minutes and we headed back to the airport where we dropped off our car.

No brain damage necessary.

Avis, Budget, Hertz and Thrifty all have rental cars at the airport and rental offices in Cocoa Beach. All the rental offices in Cocoa Beach are within two miles of each other. Avis (and possibly others) offers a free shuttle to and from the ship.

I stayed at the Doubletree in Cocoa Beach for two nights. Very nice hotel with free Internet access. I got the hotel for $85/night via Priceline (normally about $150 - $160 per night).

You can also use Art's Shuttle (just use a search engine to find Art's web site).

Bring about $2.00 in quarters for tolls (each way). You just drive east on 528 to get to the port and west to get back to the airport. When you get off at the airport, drive away from the airport for one mile to find gas. Gas is easy to find in Cocoa Beach.

I vote for renting a car. It's going to be the cheapest. I myself may be a bit too impatient for shuttles though they are economical. If you want to just have your ride ready to roll with just you aboard you might want to look into limo services. :cool: They are plentiful in the area and for a towncar will run you $180-200 plus gratuity and about $300 for a limo for gratuity. A SUV hired can cost about $250 plus gratuity. I usually rent the car on the way down to port but hire a car service for the way back. :)

Would renting a car work if you were flying in the same day that you were going on a cruise? :confused: Its just not possible for us to get out to Pt canaveral the day before.

Yes, you should be fine. I plan on doing this if I can brainwash...errr, convince my husband to go in Feb. If you are getting in late afternoon then I would take the cruiseline shuttle. At least you know they wouldn't leave without you.

Budget, Avis, Thrifty & Hertz all have shuttles to port and are close by. You'll do a one way and just plug in Cape Canaveral for the return location. It'll be on Astronaut Blvd if I remember correctly. Budget and Avis are in the airport so they may be slightly more convenient. I'm a gold member with Hertz so catching their shuttle directly to my car is no longer than waiting in line in the terminal and walking to the garage. Someone can do the paperwork while the other retrieves the luggage for even more time savings.

Airport to port is a straight shot - really it is. It shouldn't take longer than an hour. It usually takes me about 45 minutes. Have some quarters for tolls. I think there is one and its $2.00. You can drop off the luggage first and then return the car. There is a Racetrac on the way so you can stop and top off the tank right before the rental car agencies. You can't miss it - it's on the right hand side.

Happy Cruising!

Yes, you should be fine. I plan on doing this if I can brainwash...errr, convince my husband to go in Feb. If you are getting in late afternoon then I would take the cruiseline shuttle. At least you know they wouldn't leave without you.

Budget, Avis, Thrifty & Hertz all have shuttles to port and are close by. You'll do a one way and just plug in Cape Canaveral for the return location. It'll be on Astronaut Blvd if I remember correctly. Budget and Avis are in the airport so they may be slightly more convenient. I'm a gold member with Hertz so catching their shuttle directly to my car is no longer than waiting in line in the terminal and walking to the garage. Someone can do the paperwork while the other retrieves the luggage for even more time savings.

Airport to port is a straight shot - really it is. It shouldn't take longer than an hour. It usually takes me about 45 minutes. Have some quarters for tolls. I think there is one and its $2.00. You can drop off the luggage first and then return the car. There is a Racetrac on the way so you can stop and top off the tank right before the rental car agencies. You can't miss it - it's on the right hand side.

Happy Cruising!

Perfect Advise!

Archived