Private tours at pier?

SPARKY12

I;ll be there in January on Carnival Triumph, some have said you can buy private excursions at the pier, others have said the only thing there is taxis.

"Comisionistas" in Spanish, are guys typically independent of any company can sell you snorkel tours, fishing charters or lead you to rental cars and scooters among other things. They deal with folks that have not made any arrangements for tours prior to arriving in port generally and they sell charters on boats that for whatever reason are not booked either. It can be a bargain or not. The snorkel tours they market on the piers are also usually in small "panga" boats and lack any amenities, i.e. a good selection of refreshments and toilet facilities.

They are not usually private tours, but I'm sure for the right price it can be that way. You are better off in the World's most active cruise destination if you choose your activities and book them with your chosen providers well in advance. January is High Season!

I didn't really mean private tours, rather tours not already arranged through the cruise ship. I would want to go with other people-tourists. thanks for the info.

Not sure what type of tour you are looking for, but at the top of the page the banner rotates through several Cozumel companies.

Archived