Snorkel Recommendations

toriwc

I am looking for a place where my husband can snorkel, and I can lie on the beach as I don't snorkel. A place with a bar and food nearby would be great too. If any one has any recommendations, could you also add the best way to get there? Thanks in advance!

I should add, he isn't interested in sting rays, just regular snorkeling (can you tell I know nothing about this stuff? :))

I know, it's not what you want to hear, but I tried the free equipment on several cruises in the past and it was either;

- old & in very bad shape :mad:

- the cleanlyness was very suspect (horror stories have been told about this one elsewhere on CC before) :eek:

- and they seldom include the fins!! :(

I would imagin that rented equipment would be about the same. Throwing the mothpiece in salt water is not sanitising it!

It's a pain, but we take our equipment with us. Our masks are both perscription, I know where the mouthpeice has been (& it is clean) and the fins are a huge asset for snorkelling.

You can get reasonably priced equipment at snorkermart. The website is http://www.snorkel-mart.com , and no I do not work for them, I just found them to be pretty good in both prices & service. I'm sure that there are a lot of simular places out there.

But be that as it may, my reccommendation is to take your own. :cool:

We once tossed good money out for a cheap set at a mass merchant. After a few dips, we went to a professional store and purchased equipment to fit us and we love it. My suggestion is to go to a store where they can fit the mask. You can get a good set up with mask, snorkel, fins and bag etc. for less than $ 100.This way you will have your own gear for many year and you know who have used it before you.

Give your husband a underwater camera so he can show you photos from ths excursions. You may then want to go snorkeling as well.

Have fun.

Archived