WAWA/7-11 or the Like Near NO Port

JanLynne

Hi, we are taking a cruise out of NO in September and was wondering if there is a store where we could buy soda near the pier, we are flying and staying a few days in NO before the cruise and didn't want to have to put all that soda in our suitcase to fly. I know it can be done, but the last time we did it we went right on the cruise. We won't have a rental car so we really won't be able to drive anywhere. Thanks.

I live in NO. Where are you staying and when will you be here. Hopefully not at Labor Day. There is a place directly across the street from the airport. There is also several Walgreens in the quarter. I would suggest asking the cab from the airport to the hotel to stop at a Sav-A-Center or Winn Dixie. Let me know how else I can help.

Cathy

Another option is if you are celebrating a special occassion on the cruise you could have a gift basket delivered to the ship then add on the soda. We go Sept. 25th and this is what I did since DD turns 5 on the 27th.

Hi Cathy, Thanks for your response. We are staying at the Sheraton New Orleans, we booked everything through Carnival so we won't be taking a cab. We will be arriving on September 9th, right after Labor Day and cruising on the 12th. I was just hoping there was something right nearby where we could walk get some beverages and pack them in the suitcases for the cruise. I have taken soda on the plane before but I would rather use the room for clothes, especially since we will be staying in NO a few extra days.

Janet

The mall is across the street from the pier- give your luggage to the porters and before you get on head to the Riverwalk mall. Pick up a 12 pack or 2 of soda and whatnots.

Wawa is an Eastern State thing. You will find none in the southern states or the mid states either.

There is a Walgreen's drug store at 900 Canal Street, four blocks from the Sheraton (going away from the River). There are convenience stores closer by, but they are a lot more expensive and don't have much selection.

Archived