Questions about Fantasy out of NO in January

bamakathy

I've cruised several times with my husband on the Holiday out of Mobile. But we are booked for 1/13/07 on the Fantasy out of NO. This time we will be taking my son to celebrate his FINALLY graduating from college. We are in room E21, which I was told had two twins and two bunks? My questions are...with three adults in a room like this, how crowded is it? Has anyone had one of those rooms? Anyone taken a January cruise and how is the weather (what to pack etc.) What time should we plan to arrive for boarding, and what time are the rooms ready? What is really good on the menu that you liked?

Congrats on finally getting your son thru school! (I know the feeling.):D

Three adults in a cabin would be hard for me to do. I've done it only once - shared a cabin with both my sisters. We're all petite, and get along well, but that was a bit too much togetherness for me in such a small area.

Carnival's cuisine is fleetwide, so it will basically be the same as the Holiday....which I've always enjoyed! Bon Voyage!

Congrats on your son!! And welcome to the cruise, Our family will also be on this cruise, taking our DSs (17 and 12) and thier friends on this cruise for their Christmas present! We have booked two rooms this time, but have stayed in the same room with 5 of us and it can get crowded! I have also stayed in a Cabin with 4 ladies WHOOOO now you talk about TOO PACKED!!! :p , But for the time that you spend in your cabin, for just three of you, it should be just fine

And like Cotton said of far as the food goes....

We also get to the port around 11:00ish, just like to be on board before noon, but you may not be allowed into your cabin until 1:00 or 1:30 but can head up to the lido deck and enjoy lunch and explore the ship, have your first foo-foo drink :p ,

I am thinking the weather in NO will be chilly but hopefully that changes as we head out to sea :D

if you would like head over to the Roll Call if not already and join us

See you soon

Tina

There's simply NO way of predicting NOLA weather during the winter. Best bet is to check the weather forecast just before you head down here, and be prepared that the weather may be vastly different when you return. We've had it go from 75 degrees one day to 28 the next so far - you just never know what will happen. We've worn shorts on Christmas day more times than not, so don't count on freezing temps. Hope you guys have a great time!

Archived