How is embarkation in FLL.

Caliber1

We just sailed out of FLL port last month. Very easy to pull up and unload your luggage and then park in the garage. I don't however remember seeing any valet parking but I could have missed it. As far as how early you can board all depends on what time your ship got into port and disembarked everyone and remember they have to clean the rooms.

Have a great cruise!

Parking at Port Everglades is as Maya described. It is a multi-story parking garage inside the security perimeter of the port. The cost last time I checked was $12/day.

Another option for parking:

Our last cruise (11/30-12/10) we chose to stay at the LaQuinta in Hollywood, just minutes south of the port. If you make reservations online at 123stay.com, you can get a room and parking for up to 14 nights for the bargain price of $129 or $139/night. The reason I mention two prices is that when I made our reservation, the amount quoted was $139 + tax and fee = $154. But when we actually checked in, the rate was $129 + tax + $143. You can park your car in their lot anywhere you choose, so we picked out a spot near the lobby entrance and next to a curb. Our car was fine when we returned. And they have free shuttle to the port for departure. You must get a taxi back to pick up your car upon returning, which was about $25.

Parking at Port Everglades is as Maya described. It is a multi-story parking garage inside the security perimeter of the port. The cost last time I checked was $12/day. It is very close to Pier 2 where Princess usually departs from.

Another option for parking:

Our last cruise (11/30-12/10) we chose to stay at the LaQuinta in Hollywood, just minutes south of the port. If you make reservations online at 123stay.com, you can get a room and parking for up to 14 nights for the bargain price of $129 or $139/night. The reason I mention two prices is that when I made our reservation, the amount quoted was $139 + tax and fee = $154. But when we actually checked in, the rate was $129 + tax = $143. You can park your car in their lot anywhere you choose, so we picked out a spot near the lobby entrance and next to a curb. Our car was fine when we returned. And they have free shuttle to the port for departure. You must get a taxi back to pick up your car upon returning, which was about $25.

Hi there Jess......

We are in the same situation....I think we will drive down Very early that morning........and from reading the posts, will park at the port parking.

We are in Clermont....from Groveland how far is it to the parking facility...realistically.......we go Marsh Road to Apopka Freeway, then to the turnpike...

How much time should we allow? We have never been to Ft. Lauderdale. Wish we had more time but my DH only gets one week off....:(

Hi there Jess......

We are in the same situation....I think we will drive down Very early that morning........and from reading the posts' date=' will park at the port parking.[/color']

We are in Clermont....from Groveland how far is it to the parking facility...realistically.......we go Marsh Road to Apopka Freeway, then to the turnpike...

How much time should we allow? We have never been to Ft. Lauderdale. Wish we had more time but my DH only gets one week off....:(

Lucy'smom, Groveland is just to the west of Clermont, maybe 5 minutes. My wife has an Ice Cream shop in Clermont.:D I figured it to be about 4 hours to Ft. Lauderdale, doing about the speed limit of course. We plan to leave about 7 AM to get there around 11 or so. Might try mapquest for an exact distance. If I find out I'll post it here.

Turnpike is the way to go. From your neck of the woods to Port Everglades is easily doable in under 3 hours. It takes us less then 4 hours to get to Ocala from Ft Lauderdale. ;)

kinda what I thought, considering what the speed limit is on the turnpike. If you actually do the limit.:D And Ocala is about 45 minutes from here.

Thanks Host Star, was wondering that too, as soon as we step foot on the ship, vacation starts.:D

This is great....thanks everyone...I really don't want to spend Friday night in FLL......However..sometime between now and sail time we will take a long weekend & do the grand tour of the area......

My vacation starts the minute the garage door closes and we pull out of the driveway:D

Archived