Urgent help needed

SLL

Fantasy class ship. Our TA is encouraging us to book a Suite guarantee. However there are 4 of us and the cat 11 suites only hold 3 people. So where will they put us four if we book a suite guarantee? TA says they will not put a rollaway in a cat 11 for that fourth person. Anyone know? We would sure hate to be put in a cabin that only accomodates 3 people.

Thanks

So why go with the suite? You need a cabin that sleeps 4 so it sounds like you need one with the twin/king and double convertible sofa. Or, why not two cabins? And if I read the map right on the Fantasy, a cat 11 holds 4 people. See upper deck on Carnival website.

Just wondering.

We have 4 people and are booked in two cabins on the Elation. Our PVP suggested we book and Inside and an OV cabin across the hall from each other. They also have quad cabins with a twin/king bed and 2 beds that fold out from the ceiling. This option was about $140 less. These cabins seem to be towards the back of the ship. I was thinking about changing to one cabin, but I'm not sure I want to be in the back of the ship.:)

i did the same thing for our feb cruise (booked a suite guaranty). i never book guarantee cabins. i always pay extra bucks up front to pick my cabin, but Cat 12s are only midship on FANTASY class. we are 5 and cannot get a cat 11 which i wldn't ever want (b/c i don't like the front of the ship). you can't lose!

i think i might have have misread your post. is your TA pressuring you into a suite guarantee or did you want to book a suite anyway? B/c i'll tell you one thing that i know FOR SURE (personally done it more than 5x), the FANTASY class and the Triumph class (and possibly the DESTINY class, too) can hold up to 5 people in an oceanview quad. No doubt. The only issue that may arise is a capacity controlled (lifeboat issue). But these ships are equipped for 5.

We want a suite. We do not want two cabins. The cat 11 on V deck sleep queen & sofa; this is not a good sleeping arrangment for a 9 year old son and 16 year old daughter. This is where the TA says they won't put four of us in a cat 11, but will probably upgrade us to a cat 12, which will sleep four people.

Thanks

Truecruiser, you mentioned that you don't like the front of the ship.

As you said, the cat 11 are at the front of the ship.

We were on the Conquest in a very back aft balcony and hated it.

Do you think these cat 11 at the front would be worse than the aft cabins?

vbmenu_register("postmenu_8567914", true);

We want a suite. We do not want two cabins. The cat 11 on V deck sleep queen & sofa; this is not a good sleeping arrangment for a 9 year old son and 16 year old daughter. This is where the TA says they won't put four of us in a cat 11, but will probably upgrade us to a cat 12, which will sleep four people.

Thanks

I assume that you are prepared for the fact that you may still be assigned to the Cat 11. I would never be comfortable booking expecting an upgrade Regardless of the TA or PVP thinks may happen you still could be assigned to the Cat. 11. I'm not at all convinced that Carnival cares what the sleeping arrangements are for your son and daughter. Just remember - If you book a Cat 11 - you may very well get a Cat 11.

We have never had a lot of luck getting an upgrade - so we book the cabin we want and then we know exactly what we are getting. That way there are no surprises! Good luck - I hope it works out for you.

Fantasy class ship. Our TA is encouraging us to book a Suite guarantee. However there are 4 of us and the cat 11 suites only hold 3 people. So where will they put us four if we book a suite guarantee? TA says they will not put a rollaway in a cat 11 for that fourth person. Anyone know? We would sure hate to be put in a cabin that only accomodates 3 people.

Thanks

Your TA is correct, they will not put 4 people in a Cat. 11 on a Fantasy class ship, they are only designed for 3 people. That being said, if you book 4 people into a suite guarantee, you will get a Cat. 12 cabin. However, the Cat. 12 cabins have double/king beds and a double convertible sofa. If you do not want the kids to share the sofa, you and your husand will have to take the sofa and let your kids take the twin beds. They will not bring a roll-away into a Cat. 11 or Cat. 12 cabin on Fantasy class ships.

Truecruiser, you mentioned that you don't like the front of the ship.

As you said, the cat 11 are at the front of the ship.

We were on the Conquest in a very back aft balcony and hated it.

Do you think these cat 11 at the front would be worse than the aft cabins?

vbmenu_register("postmenu_8567914", true);

can't really answer that. i always stay midship or semi-aft (where all the quads tend to be located). i never stay up front b/c i feel it is much rockier up front, and you feel the motion of the ocean more. some people on these boards feel the same way. others do not. i guess how you are affected depends your personal "being" (sense of balance), as well as whether the ships have state of the art stabilization systems (I know ELATION was the first in the Fantasy class to get this). But Imagination, Fascination and Fantasy were all rocky for me up front (and i'm not a motion sickness person). I always felt it in the lounges and on LIDO. i wouldn't want to sleep there.

have never stayed in a true, back of the boat, aft wrap (though the pics of the cabins are awesome), or one so far back that it's close to a wrap, so i can't compare how you might have felt on your prvious cruise. our aft cabins have always felt quite stable to me, even in rough seas.

But, regarding the Cat 12 ... almost all are midship (arguably the first couple may be considered a bit forward, but not nearly as forward as the Cat 11s.) They are on Upper Deck which is sandwiched betwn 2 passenger decks, so unless you have noisy neighbors you should have great sleeping peace. I think midship, sandwiched btwn 2 passengers decks is a great location. and, if you want to book a suite, there isn't anywhere else they can put you as a party of 4, so it's a great deal.

Thanks

unless i'm wrong, the sofa coverts to a twin, holding only 1 (at least that's how it was in our balcony cabin on VICTORY). if this is true in the cat 11s, the 4 of you cannot fit. i too was told by carnival and my TA (not PVP, so i was told by both) that cat 11s will only hold 3 max. i made sure of this, asking on more than one occasion, b/c i did not want a cat 11 and wld have paid for a cabin assignment in a cat 12 if there was any doubt. i was assured there was no doubt, so i was encouraged to save the couple of hundred of bucks and go w/ the guaranty.

so your TA is wrong in the sense that there really is no "upgrade". you are booking a suite guaranty which includes both cat 11s and cat 12s. as a guarantee, you could conceivably get either. However, since you have 4 people in your party, that takes the cat 11s out of the equation, leaving only possible assignments in a cat 12, midship, upper deck.

Archived