Shuttle Landing

buddyjo143

Just wondering if anyone knows of a great place to watch the shuttle land on Friday Dec 22? We are flying in to Orlando in the morning before our Saturday Christmas family cruise on the Carnival Glory. My 2 DS,DBIL and Nieces and nephew flew down yesterday to spend a week at Mouse World B4 the cruise. We are going to go to MM Christmas party Friday night but DW and I would love to see a Shuttle in flight. We are both aircraft buffs.:o :) :confused:

The Buddy (Bob) of Buddyjo143

We have seen (and heard!) the shuttle land from the beach at Canaveral National Seashore. Sometimes the actual park is closed closest to the launch/landing site, but the beach at New Smyrna is open. We've also watched night time launches from Crescent Beach and saw the July 4th launch from Crescent Beach just south of St Augustine also.

You should be able to see the shuttle come in anywhere along the coast for many miles. Good luck with the timing!! It is a spectacular site!

From Orlando, I-4 will take you to Daytona and the beach there should be a good view, or drive further south toward Canaveral for an even better view. There is an official launch info website that you could possibly get passes to see the landing up close. You'll have to google for the url as I looked for it in my Bookmarks but must have deleted it.

I googled the site, hee it is - landing is scheduled for 3:36 pm 12/21

http://www.nasa.gov/centers/kennedy/home/index.html

Archived