Tables for 2 in the main dining room on Millennium

GotOutThere

Does anyone know if there are tables for 2 in the main dining room on the Millennium?

I assume there are tables for 2 in the "extra charge" restaurant, but I was curious about the main dining room.

Thanks

Yes there are and if all are taken,if you ask politely as soon as you get onboard they will set one up for you. It may be on a quiet corner though.

We've commented (several trips on ML) about the position of tables for two in the main dining room...some are really dreadful, you would have to be constantly ducking under the trays being carried by waiters in and out of serveries adjacent to some tables...some are wonderful positions eg. on the rail on the higher level of the dining room.. or near the centre of the downstairs area.

We sailed very recently with a couple ( the wife uses a wheel chair) and they objected to the position of their table which was eventually changed...so it should have been...they were having to eat almost under the staircase!

Hi LWH, Cabo here!!

LWH is quite right, most of the duos we saw were along the spiral stairway on Deck 4, probably similar on Deck 5. I would say that they did not seem to be in the way on Deck 4, but perhps not so on the upper level.

LWH - we just booked the new Journey for October.

Best to Ian

Cabo

We just returned from the Millennium. They do have some tables for two; many are not in the most desirable locations. We asked for help and received a very good location. IMO the best choices are those on deck 5 adjoining the railing that overlooks the deck 4 diners. I believe our table number was 538.

Be wary of the table for two you may be assigned in the specialty restaurant. We were given a duo, that was in close proximity to another couple's seating, only separated by a column. The waiters had a prep table immediately behind my chair, with another prep area on the wall just behind my wife. This became a very busy area and was quite distracting, not the quiet atmosphere that you would expect in a fine restaurant. In fact, it was more comparable to a busy diner than the ambiance we had enjoyed on previous visits to Olympic and other specialty restaurants.

Hi LWH, Cabo here!!

LWH is quite right, most of the duos we saw were along the spiral stairway on Deck 4, probably similar on Deck 5. I would say that they did not seem to be in the way on Deck 4, but perhps not so on the upper level.

LWH - we just booked the new Journey for October.

Best to Ian

Cabo

Nice to hear you are planning another cruise Cabo.... we have had to re-schedule our next one due to unforeseen circs...now on ML /TA again! 8th time this ship!

If you have got a good placement for your table for two, you'll be happy but some tables are just not acceptable placements..... the maitre D has table plan copies... I wish I had taken one away with me for future reference!

I have a copy of the tablesetups for Constellation, sister ship to Millennium on deck 4 & 5. If you want to have them send me your email to:

fllady13 at yahoo dot com

Thanks for the info..altho I wasn't the "poster" on this thread I hope you don't mind that I have responded to your post requesting copies of the two level dining areas from you (by email). Your help will be very much appreciated.

Yvonne

I hope you all have received the table plans, who have written me. I had a problem this morning and hopefully they all went thru to you, if not let me know and I'll do it again. Cruise critic has helped me out when I was a newbie, so just want to do my part now!;) Wishing you all a Merry Christmas!

Hello Fllady....we were on the Constellation with you two weeks ago. Yes, Millennium does have tables for 2....we've had them twice now. I'm assuming you are a Capt. Clubs Member....have them arrange it for you at the time of booking....BUT...as I'm sure you know....be sure to double check the location as soon as you get onboard....exact same set up on Millennium as Constellation....and as you probably saw...some are not in good locations. Agree with other posts that deck 5 along the rail is the best.

Hello Fllady....we were on the Constellation with you two weeks ago. Yes, Millennium does have tables for 2....we've had them twice now. I'm assuming you are a Capt. Clubs Member....have them arrange it for you at the time of booking....BUT...as I'm sure you know....be sure to double check the location as soon as you get onboard....exact same set up on Millennium as Constellation....and as you probably saw...some are not in good locations. Agree with other posts that deck 5 along the rail is the best.

YOU WERE? Who were you?? Did we meet, I know a lot of the people who signed up for the roll call didn't come to the CC party. If I did meet you, I am sorry, Ellis and I met so many people and the names started to blend together.;)

I'm assuming you are a Capt. Clubs Member....have them arrange it for you at the time of booking....BUT...as I'm sure you know....be sure to double check the location as soon as you get onboard.....

Hi PugTug1 - I requested a table for 2 when I booked but was told it was only a request - not a reservation. Were you able to book a table for two in advance? Do they usually honor requests?

FLLady - Thank you for the table layouts! very helpful!

We recently sailed on sister ship Summit and had what the asst Maitre d' called "The best two person table in the house." It's along the railing on the balcony in the middle and has a twin on the opposite side. There is also another duece (that's a table for two) slightly behind or ahead of the good one, and while it's OK, ours was the best. BTW, there are not a lot of two person tables on the M-class ships, if Summit is any indication. The first night, before we were reassgined, we had one along the wall near the kitchen door. As far as I could see there were no two person tables by the windows, as there are in the specialty restaurant.

My husband and I were on back to back cruises on the Constellation last January. I asked for a table for 2. We were given a lovely table by the window that would usually seat 6. So tables not set-up as only for 2 may also be used. The same thing happened on our November 2006 Zenith cruise. Our table was in a great location, but set up for 6 even though there was only the 2 of us. We have never had a table for 2 location problem, and have requested them at time of our reservations.

Archived