Anyone on Grandeur 2006-2007 out of NO?

tanda4

Hi everyone, this is our first time with RCCL and we are going with 6 friends. I am a "planner" and was hoping if someone that has been on the Grandeur this season out of NO, could post their compasses or if you don't have them, the theme days with highlights. I would greatly appreciate it. I have read the past posts and they have given me many ideas. Thanks again for this great website.

PS : I love reading the controversial threads too!!

PSS: we are on the Jan 27th Grandeur cruise out of NO

Welcome tanda4 and group!!:D We have a thread going under roll calls go to the rccl and then Grandeur the:

1-27-07 (multipage.gif1 2 3 ... Last Page)

please come over and join us!! We have 24 signed up for the Meet & Mingle party. We need 25 for RCCCL to give us a party so please sign up.:) Here is the link https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/ccEntry.do

We will help you all we can with your questions.

I am Angie traveling with my husband Bill from Ohio. We are meeting friends Larry and Cherie from S.Calif. in N.O. to sail. We are going one day early and are trying to get a group together for a meeting dinner or drinks the night before the cruise. Do hope your group can join us.

Again glad I found you and welcome:D

HI Tanda. My Dh (32) and myself (37) will also be on this cruise with you.

Come on over to meet and mingle thread. We have a whole group of us talking.

Do you plan on going to NOLA early? A bunch of us are going to be getting together Friday night for dinner. We would love to have you join us.

Talk to you later,

Heidi

Hi everyone, this is our first time with RCCL and we are going with 6 friends. I am a "planner" and was hoping if someone that has been on the Grandeur this season out of NO, could post their compasses or if you don't have them, the theme days with highlights. I would greatly appreciate it. I have read the past posts and they have given me many ideas. Thanks again for this great website.

PS : I love reading the controversial threads too!!

PSS: we are on the Jan 27th Grandeur cruise out of NO

Tanda4, We just came home from 12-09-06 cruise for 7 nights, would be glad to fax, or copy them and send them. Let me know and how you want them. Ozzie63:D :D :D Tried to get an image that you could read, but would take a lot of work, I messed this one up posted it in the mirror image, sorry.

compass.jpg.b332d9c52b805e2be9178ed7ba13b9d7.jpg

Ozzie - Did you cruise go out of NO? If so how did you find the disembarkment process? Was everything smoot? When did they start letting people off? I'm booking flights tomorrow and am trying to figure out if I should get the 11.15am flight or the 1/pm. I would prefer the earlier one, as it will get us home quicker. However, I don't want to stress on my last day of vacation and worry that I might miss the flight.

Also, when were you able to get on?

What did you do on the Caymen islands?

Any other tips or advise?

Thanks!!:D

Tanda4, We just came home from 12-09-06 cruise for 7 nights, would be glad to fax, or copy them and send them. Let me know and how you want them. Ozzie63:D :D :D Tried to get an image that you could read, but would take a lot of work, I messed this one up posted it in the mirror image, sorry.

ozzie63, that would be great if you could fax them. please email me at huntfamilymove@yahoo.com and I will get you my info.

Thanks again:p

Ozzie or anybody, we are taking the GOS on 2/10. We wondered what options might be available for transportation from the MSY airport to the ship? Are there good cabs or shuttle services that you could recommend?

Also, are the pools salt or chlorinated on the ship?

Thanks in advance.

L from Michigan

Ozzie - Did you cruise go out of NO? If so how did you find the disembarkment process? Was everything smoot? When did they start letting people off? I'm booking flights tomorrow and am trying to figure out if I should get the 11.15am flight or the 1/pm. I would prefer the earlier one, as it will get us home quicker. However, I don't want to stress on my last day of vacation and worry that I might miss the flight.

Also, when were you able to get on?

What did you do on the Caymen islands?

Any other tips or advise?

Thanks!!:D

Heidict, So sorry in responding so late, I lost this thread and did not see it until a few minutes ago, see the review of my cruise at this linkhttp://cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/getreviews.cfm?action=ship&ShipID=74 as I said on there we were out and on the road home in about an hour. Getting on board was about as quick. We arrived at pier at 11:30 and was in Windjammer eating at 12:30 We went on LAND AND SEA EXCURSION it was Grrrrrrrrrrreat Nautilus under water adventure, saw governors mansion, saw Hell at Grand Cayman, and the sea turtle farm, this was fanastic. Hope this is not to late Ozzie63:D :D

Heidict, So sorry in responding so late, I lost this thread and did not see it until a few minutes ago, see the review of my cruise at this linkhttp://cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/getreviews.cfm?action=ship&ShipID=74 as I said on there we were out and on the road home in about an hour. Getting on board was about as quick. We arrived at pier at 11:30 and was in Windjammer eating at 12:30 We went on LAND AND SEA EXCURSION it was Grrrrrrrrrrreat Nautilus under water adventure, saw governors mansion, saw Hell at Grand Cayman, and the sea turtle farm, this was fanastic. Hope this is not to late Ozzie63:D :D

Nope, not to late at all. We don't leave for a few more weeks. I did read your review a week or so ago. So glad to read a review on the GOS for someone who went out of NO recently.

We were thinking of getting to the pier around 11 or so. Good to see you got there about the same time.

Any problems getting off? We have a 11am flight out. I was thinking that we could go down to the desk and ask for early departure.

I just got off of the Grandeur on December 30th ....

Embarkation: We were on the ship by 12. Smoothest thing ever, though rooms weren't ready until 1.

Debarkation: There is no self-assist because the Grandeur only has a high platform with ramps to exit on ... no skywalk. Obviously, there may be delays or customs problems, but they started debarkation with our voyage at 7:30. We requested early tags (11:35 flight) and were given dark blue tags. These were the fourth called (white, grey, light blue before hand) and we were off the ship a little after 8. We caught a taxi outside ($28 for two, +$12 each additional) and were at the airport before nine. No problems at all.

Hey Chris,

I read your review...it was awesome!!! Question, do you remember what time you arrived to the port??? I am trying to figure out what time I should make the 65 mile drive from Baton Rouge to New Orleans on the morning of the cruise.

Embarkation: We were on the ship by 12. Smoothest thing ever, though rooms weren't ready until 1.

Hi! We cruised the first part of December.

It was crazy getting on but it sounds like that's been smoothed out. We arrived at the pier at 11:45 and were on the ship by noon. NOTE: we are C&A so got to wait in the short line - most people waited hours.

We had an afternoon flight so we hung out on the ship and were one of the last ones off at 10:45 a.m.

I'm completely jealous... :(

Have fun!

J.

Tanda4 I will be glad to help you, I can fax the cruise compasses to you if you want to e-mail me your fax number. joswalt at bham.rr.com ( use the at sign in address). I am going to try to get a CD made of the compasses but that would take longer, let me know what you want. Have a great day and a blessed year and fun filled cruise. Ozzie63:D :D :D

• 4 weeks later...

Archived