Recommendations on two hotels

RET_REF

Anyone ever stayed at either the Duxton Hotel or Quadrant in Auckland? Your comments would be appreciated!

I know the Sister hotel to the Duxton in Auckland, we have one down here near Tauranga at Lake Rotoiti and its very good. Regards Ian

Thanks Ian & Michele,

Michele, I'll look forward to reading your comments in January as I'll be booking then for our April stay.

I have found some reviews on Trip Advisor.com and the Duxton seems to have more positive comments than negative comments. But as the saying goes you can't please all the people all the time because someone is always going complain about one thing or another. I particularly learned this early in my career as a sports Referee.

• 1 month later...

Hi Ref,

We found the Duxton Hotel to be very good, able to check in early the day we disembarked, clean and comfortable. It was only a short taxi ride from the ship and is within walking distance of the harbour, queen street and sky tower. We would stay there again. The only negative was the dryer component of the washer/dryer machine was not working, however the hotel happily dried all my washing for us free of charge. Any questions feel free to ask.

Best wishes,

Michele

Hi Michele,

Thank you for the info on the Duxton. I think we are going to pass on the Duxton and opt for a place closer to the harbour. I have read some good and bad reviews about the Duxton on Travel Advisor, and depending on what room they happen to assign you to some reviews are not so good. Therefore, rather than that we are just considering something closer to where the ship ties up. Hope you enjoyed your cruise, and we will be in your lovely city on the 26th of March. Looking forward to visiting Melbourne!

Thanks again!

Ref

Archived