QE 2 40th Anniversary wait list

gardenbunny

I could shoot myself - I have no idea why I didn't see this in my mailers and I fear I may have waited too late. I booked last week and I am 133 on the list - although Cunard rep said I had a good chance. I booked Caronia but said I would take anything. I did the final 2003 transatlantic, did the QM2 in the first year, did the trip in February 2006 when the 2 Queens met in LA - so I really really want to be on this trip - plus, it is my birthday on Sept 16! If any one hears of anything, please keep me posted. I've even been searching the web seeing if any travel groups have bought blocks but haven't hit on anything yet. We have some friends in the UK who travel on QE2 a good bit and I even e-mailed them to see if they had any better "in" than those of us in the USA - but no go either. They are booked on the new Queen Victoria and anxiously waiting for that. I must admit I am addicted to Cunard - I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Does this sound ever familiar. I'm slightly ahead of you at 118. See my posts. I just spoke to Cunard today and am still at 118th. She mentioned that blocks probably were bought up and that people will cancel, but I may not know until June. In the meantime, I've booked the January 2008 Tandem Queen Transatlantic Crossing. Plenty of space available on her then.:)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=433795

I have not heard about the Tandem - although Jan. on the North Atlantic would not be my favorite time. I agree that blocks have probably been bought (TA's, travel companies, alumni groups, etc. etc) - as I stated, I wish I could figure out who had them and find access to them. How often do you check w/ Cunard? I thought I might check once a month.

I have not heard about the Tandem - although Jan. on the North Atlantic would not be my favorite time. I agree that blocks have probably been bought (TA's, travel companies, alumni groups, etc. etc) - as I stated, I wish I could figure out who had them and find access to them. How often do you check w/ Cunard? I thought I might check once a month.

The Wait List ...

Damn! Reading this thread, I thought I would like the 40th Anniversary Cruise after all, seeing where it circles. I am in London now, tried to find the (old - I was there once or twice) Cunard offices and found out there are none! Even the folk at The Ritz went blank. :eek: I'm on the January crossing, ceretainly can try to book it then ... but has anyone ever had success on the Wait List for any trip, if they are as far down as 130 or so? (Once I was No. 12 for something but only got to No. 3, didn't get on.)

Anyone been lucky?

The Tandem crossing is with the QE2 and QV. Both ships will meet up with QM2 in NYC for a truly historic occasion with all Queens in NYC at the same time. Where they dock remains to be seen, but I am sure there will be the photo op with all three in the harbor. Regarding the crossing in January, I am actually looking forward to becoming one of the Winter Crossing Club and relish the experience of a true crossing, abeit at a slower pace with some good ship movement. QE2 will have to be throttled back for the much slower QV "ocean liner". I know that poses some concern as she handles seas better at her much higher cruising speed of 28 knots.

I have checked with Cunard about every 2-3 weeks. My TA at Cunard actually told me to check back with her often. She want to get me on that cruise too. We shall see.

Is info about that Tandem on the Cunard web site? They have my mailings as a World Club member all messed up and send notices to my address, but in the name of someone I sailed with once - so that is why I don't think I get everything - like the 40th ann. trip. I spoke to someone at World Club the other day to give them my updated profile. Anyway, I may be interested in that Tandem - does it leave from NYC?

I didn't see is specifically hyped as a tandem crossing until I read it here and then went back to the Cunard site and started looking up the calenders of each ship and sure enough they all end up in NYC at the same time. My World Club membership has been fouled up as well. I have tried numerous times to correct a simple mailing address change. I have not received anything in the past year from Cunard.

It does not surprise me that the price would be higher. I had not compaired them. I missed out on the QE2/QM2 crossing and the fares were high back then too. I only have a deposit down on the TA cruise. Ultimately, I'd rather be on a faster crossing and experience the ship at sea, doing what she does best at 28-30 knots.

The tandem is on the US Cunard website. Quite a markup! The MI price is $800 more than for the April crossing!

Julia

Julia: Is that M-EYE or M-One? I'm looking at my contracts for M-One

and on double occupancy the difference is 176.29 and M-One single occupancy the difference is $308.76. April is the lower pricing, but I'm not surprised as the Jan crossing is one day longer.

Julia: Is that M-EYE or M-One? I'm looking at my contracts for M-One

and on double occupancy the difference is 176.29 and M-One single occupancy the difference is $308.76. April is the lower pricing, but I'm not surprised as the Jan crossing is one day longer.

M-eye inside single occupancy. It's always higher than the per person double occupancy.

J

Archived