thinking about crown princess round trip new york

crenata

Hi, I'm Italian and I love Princess Ships.I love to cruise in caribbean and I'm thinking to cruise next august on Crown Princess round trip New york. I'm afraid of hurricane in caribbean during the summer.Anybody knows if it's a good idea to have this cruise, I really would like to cruise from new york!thank you

Renata

Hi, I'm Italian and I love Princess Ships.I love to cruise in caribbean and I'm thinking to cruise next august on Crown Princess round trip New york. I'm afraid of hurricane in caribbean during the summer.Anybody knows if it's a good idea to have this cruise, I really would like to cruise from new york!thank you

Renata

Just go for it. We did it last September and it was fantastic departing from NYC. Of course there is a risk of hurricanes in hurricane season but we had perfect weather for sailing. Yes there were a couple of cruises that were affected but the vast majority were not. The odds are very much on your side.

Anytime you book a cruise anywhere you are hoping for good weather. I always sail in the fall and I have had my cruise diverted to different itineraries a few times but have always made it on the cruise. I did the Crown this fall and loved it. Sailing out of NYC is wonderful.

GO FOR IT !!!

We did this cruise in early September and were effected by a hurricane and missed Bermuda. However, we booked knowing we were in hurricane season and were aware that "anything" could happen. While we were disappointed we support the safety first concept.

We ALWAYS book our cruises during hurricane season and we have never had a problem yet.

On our very first cruise, we skirted a tropical storm that threatened to prevent us from going to Key West, but the captain was able to make it after all and we were the only ship in port - had all of Key West to ourselves.

We just make sure we buy insurance in the event our flight to the ship can't get there.

Archived