Ship Excursion-Bonaire -A day at the Beach

jo-v

$99 pp for this excursion..... worth the $? Another poster noted it was Harbour Beach Resort, however I have seen other posts that say it is the Plaza Resort now...... anyone been on this tour recently that would know which one it is?

Thank you.

I suppose it depends on what you're looking for in this excursion.

In our 2006 trip to Bonaire, my wife and two friends took a taxi to Windsock Beach near the airport where they found some excellent snorkeling (I went scuba diving elsewhere). They arranged for the taxi driver to return and pick them up at a designated time, and he was there. The total cost for the trip for the 3 of them was $20 and that was for the $10 taxi fare each way (not per person but per taxi).

You're not going to have much in the way of amenities, just the beach, but you'll spend a lot less money.

hiya jo!

we just returned from crown princess and bonaire. We had an easy walk to plaza resorts beach from the ship (about 10 minutes) The beach was great for snorkeling (lots of colorful fish) bring dog biscuits for snorkeling :) The beach is a bit rocky so be careful going into the water!

cost: entrance $15 chair $5 hammock $5 but bargain if there a few of you guys...we got chairs and entrance $15 each

They have a nice pool you can use also.

have fun

*sweet*

hiya strawberry,

sorry cant really remember too much...there was a small town to the left but we never made it there. we originally had private reservations to go landsailing but when we FINALLY got to the place they had rented all the blo-karts out to the ship excursion :( I had a reservation which they "conveniently" forgot about. They only had 8 landsails. If anyone wants to do this excursion you must book through the ship. looked like fun though!!!!

after $45 taxi ride and seeing a cactus and 2 goats we got back to the ship and just headed to that beach.

*sweet*

Just got off the Crown 12/16. In Bonaire my wife and I rented a car from Hertz at the Divi Flamingo Hotel (very, very short walk from the ship) for about $30 for the day. We spent some time at the beach at this hotel, then drove to the southern tip of the island (about 15 minutes past salt flats and beautiful ocean views), then up the east side of the island where you can see hundreds of flamingos. We have heard that Bonaire is one of only 4 places in the world to have large wild flaming flocks).. Within minutes we reached Sorobon Beach. The beach is small, very romantic, with chairs and a hammock, and is free to use. There is a thatched roof bar/grill on the beach and restrooms are right next door. And did I mention it was free (except for the beer, great cold beer and boat drinks)?

Total driving time from the Divi Flamingo hotel back to the ship (you can drop the car off right at the pier!!!!!) is probably 45 minutes. However, we stayed at Sorobon Beach for about 2 hours, and the water and watching the windsurfers was incredible.

Hope you have a wonderful time.

Dr. Bob

Archived