Serenade of the Seas

nrunnion

I have read several threads somewhere that the ship no longer circles in front of the Pitons or on Sea Day goes by the islands. Does anyone know the answer to this for sure. We are going in February and I convinced my brother to go on this cruise and told him all those things. Did they really stop them?

thanks

Nov. 11th sailing, the ship did the Pitons 360 turn and sailed by some islands with naration from the Captain telling us what island we were seeing. I thought this made the At Sea day special. I don't know if they've stopped, maybe someone who has sailed more recently can help.

On the Serenade 12/02/2006 cruise we did do the 360 turn in front of the pitons at St Lucia. It was dusk at that time, but we could still see everything. On the day at sea, we did not cruise by the islands, just a straight line to San Juan.

I have read several threads somewhere that the ship no longer circles in front of the Pitons or on Sea Day goes by the islands. Does anyone know the answer to this for sure. We are going in February and I convinced my brother to go on this cruise and told him all those things. Did they really stop them?

thanks

Yes, the Serenade still does this - but, has had to pass the islands at a distance due to unforseen circumstances. For example, Montserrat's volcano sometime spews too much ash and the Captain doesn't want to take the ship too close. Also, the weather may not permit the close proximity. Another issue may simply be time - the ship must sail from St. Lucia on time in order to make the circle turn at sunset. Otherwise, it will be too dark to really see anything.

Unless something happens to prevent it, I'm sure you'll do those things. You'll love this cruise.

SeaBreezy

On the 11/25 cruise, we did the 360 turn although I would not have known if my DH had not told me. It was almost dark and no narration. No sail by Montserrat with narration. We had some norovirus issues on our cruise, so this may have hastened our direct and speedy return to San Juan. This is just speculation on my part. It was still a wonderful cruise and we enjoyed it to the max!!! Hope yours is just as great!!

Archived