Roll Call: Crown Princess April 28th

Allston29

We got a little pre-cruise shopping done this weekend. Nothing big...just some socks and a couple of pairs of shoes (so exciting, huh). Other than that, we saw Meet the Robinsons (really impressive 3D). Yeah...I am a Disney geek.

Well, we are finally getting close, but I think this will still be a long week. I already can't wait for this week to be over.

Hope y'all have a good week...and that it passes quickly.

Hey guys.

I sort of cheated on the Monday gig. I took today off! Went up to NC to do some yard work for my Mom this weekend so today was my recovery day.

Hello again D&M. There's an animated film out that I'd like to see. Can't remember the name, but it's about a rat/chef. Sounded like a funny story line.

Mark I can't believe you are traveling again. Sounds like you'll be back with just enough time to throw some stuff in a bag and head out! Maybe it will help the time go by.

Yes, I have a dog. His name is Kodie and he's a 13(!) year old Jack Russell Terrier. He is the sweetest pup on the planet. Since he's getting older, I just can't stand the idea of putting him in a kennel, so I have have a house sitter stay with him while I'm gone. I think he's more happy at home.

Killed a cactus eh? That's pretty bad. How about a pet rock?

Not to brag, but I managed to grow a Jack Fruit tree from a seed I got in Jamaica last year! I can believe it even sprouted. Makes a pretty cool souvenier though.

I have a question for you guys. The cruise line says to put your luggage tags on your bags before you leave home. Since we're coming into SJU the day before the cruise, should we still do that? Or are you guys going to wait and put them on when you're heading to the ship? Just not sure what to do.

Just a few more days of meetings, emails and bosses!

Take care,

Cameron

Hey Cameron,

The rat/chef movie you're talking about is Ratatouille...it comes out June 29th. They had an extended preview for it before Meet the Robinsons and it does look like it's going to be pretty good.

We had to put our Yorkshire Terrier to sleep last year. She was 16, so she had a long life...but it was still heart-breaking.

I would just hang on to your cruise luggage tags until you get ready to head for the ship. Sometimes the airline ticket agents will rip off any luggage tags that they think are old before putting on your new ones. Also, luggage does get manhandled by the airlines and they could end up ripping off sometime enroute. The cruise line mainly needs people who are using their transfer service to have them on before they leave home so that they can collect the bags at the airport. Since you are obviously not using the transfer service, it's really not necessary.

So Cameron and Mark, do y'all want to arrange a time/place to meet for a cocktail some time? Maybe we could do it before or after dinner on the first day. Any suggestions?

-Dave & Michael

Jeesh D&M, I'm very sorry about your Yorkshire. That's harsh. It will absolutely KILL me to have to make that decision if I'm ever faced with it. 16 years is a long time for your love of an animal to grow. I always joked that Kodie was just going to go and go until he keeled over. (think Bennie-Hill on a bike) We should all be so lucky.

I'm up for getting a drink. Not sure what our schedule will be that night, but will get with Kyle when I see him this weekend. We may try one of the specialty restaurants that night but haven't nailed it down yet. In the meantime, I'll be studying the deck plans for the perfect spot. Where were you guys thinking? Plenty to choose from.

Thanks for the tag info too. That's what I was thinking but just wasn't sure.

cheers-

C

......1 more Monday!!!

It was quite the quick countdown in the end.....seems to keep getting faster towards as we get nearer!

Yep, I am here in Ireland......trojaning away, though the weather is beautiful here (rare for this time of year) mid 60's and sunny, even had shorts on at the weekend! Wish I could get out earlier in the evening to enjoy it....Head back to Boston on Sat!

I agree on tags, I think they say that as people probably tend to forget and they are necessary to finding your state room.

I am pretty much floating free (again with the puns....:rolleyes: apart from 8.30-10) so time and place for cocktails are fairly flexible with me. I choose traditional dining as I enjoy dining with the same people each evening and last time was great with the demographic choices, all people around my age and either traveling alone or with partners...we had a great time!

I assume there will be a FOD's meeting at some point also...though I am more a total mixer :-)

Well, I couldn't pin Kyle down on that first day. Since we're not leaving until 11:00 we're keeping it sort of open. Might have dinner in OSJ, or may do our running around a little earlier and then relax on the ship.

If you all decided on a place (and time) I'll try to steer us in that direction. I look forward to catching up at some point. I'll be easy to spot. Look for the sun burned red-head with the goofy grin on his face.

Mark, are you back in town yet?

I can't tell, but I think I'm getting a little excited.

Since the first day is up in the air (with arrival times, etc), why don't we try to meet up on the 2nd day. Since we depart St Thomas at 6:00 on the second day, maybe we could try to meet up for a 6:00 sail-away cocktail. That would leave enough time to get ready for dinner afterwards.

We could do it at Tradewinds, one deck above the main pools deck or the Wheelhouse Bar if the weather is not cooperative.

What do y'all think?

Dave & Mike

Hey,

I am back in Boston and on the countdown! Brought some nice weather back to the North East.....it was in the 70's in Irl for the past 10 days...nice, only would have been nicer if I had gotten out in it a bit more!

I am booked in for a massage at 6pm on the Monday, though easily changed if 6pm works for all. I was thinking of switching it to the next day anyway....

Either bar works so long as alcohol is involved :-) nice pre formal night cocktail!

- Mark

Mark...

Actually, the St Thomas day is Sunday...right?

However, Monday would also work as we leave St Kitts at 3:00...maybe we could meet earlier on Monday.

So Cameron and Mark (and any others)....

Sunday at about 6:00 (St Thomas)

OR Monday at about 5:00 (St Kitts)???

Tradewinds Bar in either case.

Dave

Hello again guys, and welcome home Mark.

Nice weather is right. I friend of mine told me it was going to be in the 80's in VT today! That freaked me out.

We're cool either day and Tradewinds should be easy enough to find. So whatever works for the majority is just fine by us.

To confirm, Sunday would be St. Thomas and Monday, St. Kitts.

....a nice quandry to have :-)

Yep we are having great weather up here! Actually broke a record in Boston yesterday with 86! Good times.....

I can do either day, but will get the ball rollin and cast a vote for 6.00pm....on Sunday @ Tradewinds.

Hope you are all having a good week!

Mark

Let's call it Sunday at 6:00 at Tradewinds...Final Answer. We can always use Monday at 5:00 at Tradewinds as a backup if we just miss each other.

I guess Cameron will be the sun-burned red-head with a goofy grin.

I will have some kind of Disney ball cap on (Disney geek that I am) and Mike has a short beard/glasses. Is there someway we can recognize you Mark?

This has already been a long week. I have had a co-worker jump on me for giving her work to do. How outrageous of me to give her work. Also, I have had a neighbor who rents his house out and the tenants won't do yard work. I have been going back and forth with him for 3 weeks now. I am so over it. Give me a drink!

Hey...No more Mondays left.

Let's call it Sunday at 6:00 at Tradewinds (Wheelhouse Bar if weather is a factor)...Final Answer. We can always use Monday at 5:00 at Tradewinds as a backup if we just can't find each other.

I guess Cameron will be the sun-burned red-head with a goofy grin.

I will have some kind of Disney ball cap on (Disney geek that I am) and Mike has a short beard/glasses. Is there someway we can recognize you Mark?

This has already been a long week. I have had a co-worker jump on me for giving her work to do. How outrageous of me to give her work. Also, I have had a neighbor who rents his house out and the tenants won't do yard work. I have been going back and forth with him for 3 weeks now. I am so over it. Give me a drink!

Hey...No more Mondays left.

Seems we could all be in the crazy work mode. Dave you are having some stress it seems.....I am just needing to squeeze 3 days work into tomorrow......I am off Thursday to get my stuff in order like packing etc....

So, I think with the descriptions we should find each other. Me, well its a buzz cut and Irish eyes :) or probably more that I will already be at the bar :D

.....to phase one! Got done with work! 2 is to SJN and 3 is on board!

It was a tough one! but done now......glass of wine making all seem better! Tomorrow I have to do simple things like shop for clothing and sunscreen along with pack. Should be an easy day!

Safe travels to all! I think all of us are traveling on Friday.....so have a fun stay in SJN and we will see you on Sunday!

- Mark

• 2 weeks later...

Archived