QE2 power outlets

spinnaker

Can anyone please tell me whether the QE2 takes UK style 3 pin plugs or US style plugs?

Thanks,

Matt

Both. I've heard quantity of sockets isn't huge for the smaller cabins, but you will definitely have at least one of each.

Matthew

Both. I've heard quantity of sockets isn't huge for the smaller cabins, but you will definitely have at least one of each.

Matthew

Even the larger Caronia have one of each, as do smaller Mauretania. I don't think size matters!!!

Yes to the UK style socket(s), but I did find it was not very conveniently located. In the M6 cabin I had, it was in the same panel as the bedside light, the TV power and Ariel (sp?) sockets. To use any thing more than the standard plug required removing the TV power (at least).

Luckily I had taken a short, 2 way extension for my camara battery charger, which is a box for the batteries with 3 prongs stuck on (i.e. without a separate plug or transformer) and was 4 to 6 inches long ! :eek:

I think I read on board that extensions are available (either from steward or pursers desk)

Karen

Can anyone please tell me whether the QE2 takes UK style 3 pin plugs or US style plugs?

Thanks,

Matt

Hi Matt

The UK style 3-pin sockets are 230v and the US style outlets 2-pin are 110v. As others have said: there are not loads of them, a couple of each in most M & C cabins. Also the UK sockets are "hidden" on the side of the mirror above the dresser. The US ones are below the mirror.

The TVs are NTSC (US standard) if you are going to be using them for camcorder playback.

Archived