Anyone done the Everglades Safari Tour?

kjjka145

We went on this excursion when we got off Freedom Nov. 19th. It was a wonderful experience and a great way to kill time before your late flight.

When we got to the park, they told us if we wanted to eat lunch we could order it before our airboat tour. Most people did order lunch and it was waiting for us when we were done with the tour. There is a gift shop and an area with turtles and gators that you can tour on your own. There was a show with an alligator wrestler too.

The bus dropped us off at our terminal at around 12:30 or 1. We had a 5:30 flight so we still had quite a wait.

It's a great tour!

We just did this tour on Dec 15th. We really enjoyed it. The tour guide was great! We got off the ship about 7:30 a.m. among the first people off and our bus was right there waiting (they did point out where the bus was). It's about a 45 minute ride out to the park, hop on the airboat (which was lots of fun), look for wildlife (the guide helps spot), and then it's onto the alligator wrestler. You can even hold an alligator if you want. We got back to the airport about 12:00...a little earlier than the other poster but I think that was because it was kind of rainy and we probably didn't get as much time out on the airboats (no biggie...it was chilly. :rolleyes: ).

We just did this tour on Dec 15th. We really enjoyed it. The tour guide was great! We got off the ship about 7:30 a.m. among the first people off and our bus was right there waiting (they did point out where the bus was). It's about a 45 minute ride out to the park, hop on the airboat (which was lots of fun), look for wildlife (the guide helps spot), and then it's onto the alligator wrestler. You can even hold an alligator if you want. We got back to the airport about 12:00...a little earlier than the other poster but I think that was because it was kind of rainy and we probably didn't get as much time out on the airboats (no biggie...it was chilly. :rolleyes: ).

Did you book this through the ship or on your own before you left port? And may I ask what was the price?

Thanks Suzon. When do you leave for the tour? Do they tell you where to go to meet the bus?

We all (on the excursion) met at 7am at Pharaoh's palace for disembarkation. When our color was called, we all got off the ship together, went through customs and then claimed our bags. We opted for the valet service, so we just had to take the bags about 25 feet to the airline agents.

Then we were directed to our tour bus. If we brought our luggage, they would have loaded it under the bus and locked it until we go to the airport.

Did you book this through the ship or on your own before you left port? And may I ask what was the price?

We booked through the ship. I don't know if you can do it on your own. The way we figured it, we had time to kill and needed transportation to the airport. So this solved two problems.

The bus guide was very friendly and explained the sights in Miami and their history.

We brought a change of clothes (winter) and changed in the airport for the cold flight home.

We booked ours through the ship. They have the bus waiting for you after you disembark and the best thing is they drop you off at the airport! I believe we paid $54 each.

What about your luggage to the airport?

Archived