Approximate price of cabs in Ft. Lauderdale

SheilaS

In 2004, we debarked in Ft Lauderdale off of the Legend. What I remember about it was that it was a taxi nightmare. The way it was set up had all the taxis going to the RCCL, or maybe it was Holland) dock before the Carnival one. By that time, the taxis were full. We were there at least at hour and notice the CCL crowd had not thinned out very much. My husband and I took our life in our own hands (:p ) , left our luggage with the rest of our group and dodged the traffic to go to that side and flag one down for us.

We are on the Carnival Liberty this time and wondering if it is hard to catch a taxi to the airport. We have a 12:30 flight and are considering pre-booking a limo or something.

Can someone tell me what the cab fare from Carnival Liberty to the FLL airport? That will help me decide about pre-booking.

Thanks for your time.

Sheila<------------plotting and planning:D

I got off a Holland America ship in March, with several other ships in port that day, and had no problem whatsoever. That said, we got off the ship around 8:45am, so the earliness may have contributed to our good luck.

If you want a cab again, we were charged $10 exactly (plus tip) from Port Everglades to the FLL airport. If you want to prebook a van or limo, go to http://www.floridalimo.com. It is a transportation company based at the FLL airport, and they are very reliable.

Good luck!

We used a taxi to go from Pier 29 where Sun Princess ended up on 12/10/06 to the La Quinta Hollywood/FLL airport hotel via I-95 S. The meter started at $2.50 not zero and ended at about $25. It is about 6 or 7 miles, I think ~ further than the airport. We felt extremely lucky because after we picked up our car at LQ and headed back on I-95 N there was a motorcycle parade going southbound that lasted for miles with all traffic going south stopped. I'm glad we didn't have to pay the taxi to sit and wait! There were plenty of taxis at the pier, but it was still a little difficult to get one since so many people wanted one. Some of the rush may have been because the Sun left from Pier 2 and returned to Pier 29. Princess was offering a free shuttle back to the parking garage, but we all know how Princess shuttles are - they wait until the bus is full before taking off - and I would imagine there were plenty of people that decided to hop a short taxi ride to Pier 2 parking garage rather than wait. If you can pre-arrange a car, you will be better off.

Good luck and have a great cruise!

Archived