Vancouver - suites with 2 bedrooms?

benolathe

We prefer to stay in hotels which offer 2-bedroom suites. That way, the kids each have their own bed in a separate bedroom from parents. Unfortunately, the Residence Inn in Vancouver doesn't appear to have the 2-BR suites.

So, does anyone know of any hotels in the downtown Vancouver area which offer suites? Considering the high cost of hotel rooms in Vancouver, I would prefer to find a suite versus reserving two adjoining rooms. Tried the Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites and their website only shows rooms with 2 queens - no suites are shown so don't know why that's in their name...

If staying in one room with 2 queen beds is our only option, then our first choice is the Marriott Pinnacle Downtown - but it is only showing rooms with 1 king bed available - nothing with 2 queens!!

This is getting frustrating....

Try the Blue Horizon Hotel - right on Robson Street (check our their website bluehorizonhotel dot com). They don't have two bedroom suites but do have 1 bedroom suites and also something they call a two bedded suite which has a bedroom and a bed in the living room - along with a couch & chair etc. Hotel was completely refurbished about a year or so ago and while I haven't stayed in a suite - the "regular" rooms are nice (very large) and the location is great.

Here is a fabulous little hotel for you. It is called the Times Square Suites. They have two bedroom suites and there is actually a door that closes the bedroom, not just a divider. My wife and I stayed there in September. They have a web site. http://www.timessquaresuites.com

The hotel is about two blocks from Stanley Park. It is located at the corner of Robson and Denman Streets. Within a block, there is every kind of restaurant you can imagine; from Mickey D's to gourmet. If you're interested, I can give you more information and a link to some pictures I took in and around the hotel. Very secure and in our opinion, just a great place. Oh yes, a free washer and dryer in every room. You supply the detergent, etc., however, there is a Safeway super market across the street.

I can't say enough about the place and it was cheaper than a hotel room.

We prefer to stay in hotels which offer 2-bedroom suites. That way, the kids each have their own bed in a separate bedroom from parents. Unfortunately, the Residence Inn in Vancouver doesn't appear to have the 2-BR suites.

So, does anyone know of any hotels in the downtown Vancouver area which offer suites? Considering the high cost of hotel rooms in Vancouver, I would prefer to find a suite versus reserving two adjoining rooms. Tried the Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites and their website only shows rooms with 2 queens - no suites are shown so don't know why that's in their name...

If staying in one room with 2 queen beds is our only option, then our first choice is the Marriott Pinnacle Downtown - but it is only showing rooms with 1 king bed available - nothing with 2 queens!!

This is getting frustrating....

We stayed at Sunset Inn and Suites in West End Area. Pretty Quiet, residential street, one block away to busy Davie St. (I think that's the name) The staff there is very helpful (Michael) with things to do and prices,and our price was very low, we had a balcony on higher floor where rooms have been renovated. Don't know if this location suits your preference, but we are 2 50's age adults and thought it was great. Close to all of Vancouver's attractions. Free parking too for our rental car and laundry facilities. Here is a description of one of their suites. I think They have no 2 bdr. ones, but at these prices (I think AAA rate) you may be able to get 2! Also, after we returned we filed and got a refund of a Canada tax on the rooms which lowered our cost. Go to tripadvisor.com for more reviews in depth. Sunsetinn.com:)

Standard Large One-Bedroom Suites

Lots of space to unwind in our Standard Large One-Bedroom Suite, with a slightly larger living room than our One-Bedroom Suite. Your suite includes a queen size bed in a separate bedroom, living room, two double size sofa beds, dining area, high-speed wireless Internet access, fully equipped kitchen, private bathroom with plush California cotton towels, and private, extended south-facing balcony. Standard Large One Bedroom Suites face south, and may offer a partial view of beautiful English Bay. You’ll enjoy the extra room for relaxing in your Vancouver furnished suite. About 700 sq. ft.

It's called the Landis Hotel and suites - it is located next door to the Marriott Residence Inn - i can attest to the area as i live a block away - couldn't find a direct link but here's a hotel booking site one:

http://travel.hotels-and-discounts.com/index.jsp?pageName=hotAvail&cid=59562&hotelID=121718&isHRN=true&hotnetrates=true&currencyCode=USD&requestKey=&isCondos=false&isHotels=true&mode=1&location=&star=null&propertyType=H&showInfo=true&showPopUp=true&generic=true&type=GoogleAdWordsSearch&acctid=bsowder&adgroup=Vancouver+Hotel+KW&kw=Landis+Hotel+Suites&gclid=CObUzMTlp4kCFQn7Ygod-yH_rg

Hope this helps

Cheers from Vancouver

Dennis

• 2 months later...
Based on your recommendation, we booked at Time Square Suites prior to our Pacific Coast cruise in September. Can you tell me what restaurants are in the neighborhood and provide a link to your photos? Thank you very much.

Here is the link to some pictures. http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2962047690094276738UfoVSE?vhost=good-times

Sorry, I cannot remember the names of restaurants. However, I know there was a French restaurant almost next door, a Japanese restaurant across the street, and an Italian restaurant a few doors down. They were 3 and 4 star restaurants. I would say there were at least 20 restaurants within a block. Bojangles is the restaurant at the hotel. We loved it and actually ate all our meals there. Great coffees, sandwiches, etc. It was so convenient. Also, there is a Safeway super market across the street. Add to that the little delis, bakeries, stores, etc. It was a wonderful neighborhood. You can walk to Stanley Park and we did. It is about 2 blocks away. It seemed to be a very safe neighborhood and security at the hotel was excellent.

We had a one bedroom suite. It had a fireplace, large TV, DVD player, couch, recliner, dining set. The roof top patio is delightful. Gas grills up there is you so choose. No pool though so I hope that is not a problem. It certainly wasn't for us.

We sailed from Ballantyne Pier. It was about a $12 cab ride.

Enjoy your stay. My wife and I think it is one of the best hotels we have ever stayed in.

Archived