Question about Aft Cabin/M ships

judyfssw

We will be on the Infinity to Alaska next week. We will be in an aft cabin on Deck 8. If we are standing/sitting near the railing, will people above us be able to look down on us and will we be looking down at the people below us?

You will have a huge balcony that is about one-half covered. With the angle of the deck above you, the people would only be able to see you if you were standing/sitting right at the railing. We always try to get an aft balcony and have never had any problem with others watching us. The partitions go all the way out, and the only way someone could see you is if they leaned around it. No one would do that without permission!:eek: You will have a fantastic view in 3 directions--back, left and right. You're very lucky to have this cabin for your Alaska cruise. Happy sailing.:D

Garry

I never noticed much difference. I can't speak for the forward cabins--never been in those. We were on the Constellation last summer and didn't feel any movement. I love standing out on the balcony and watching the wake. Usually you'll see birds following the ship zigzagging back and forth fishing. It's really neat!:D

Garry

Hi there, we just returned from the Infinity on the June 20th cruise. Wre were in cabin 9162. I don't recall seeing many people below us. I do remember hearing the deck chairs being moved about from our veranda (not from the cabin). Our trip was far more fantastic than I could have imagined. Have a great cruise.

These are the BEST cabins to have. We have sailed twice in aft balcony cabins and the view is wonderful. IT was great in Alaska being able to see both sides. I even saw a whale one morning early from the balcony.

ENJOY - we are sailing on Infinity next June in an aft balcony cabin - I prefer deck 7 - you are just above the Penthouse suites what a view!

Thank you all for your comments and links. Can't wait until Sunday

Judy, have a great cruise! I hope you'll post when you return and let us know how it was. I will be on the Summit next September to Alaska.

Garry

If you click on my photo link, you can see an aft balcony cabin on Infinity. I think I was in 8165. But not sure.. I found it had enough privacy. great cabins, except it can be a hike back and forth to major areas of the ship.

Hi there!

We have booked aft#8172 on Millie. Sailing out of Venice on our way to Barcelona on Sept 18/04. We had to book a year in advance to get an aft cabin so we hope all the anticipation will be worth it!

Hi,

We had 8172 on the Summit. You will not be disappointed with the verandah at all. And the shower is good sized also....:)

Hi there!

We have booked aft#8172 on Millie. Sailing out of Venice on our way to Barcelona on Sept 18/04. We had to book a year in advance to get an aft cabin so we hope all the anticipation will be worth it!

Archived