Pictures of Christmas decorations QM2?

nuekruizer

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays fellow CC'rs! Any body know of some good pictures of decorations aboard the QM2 so I can have a vicarious experience? My next cruise is not until Memorial Day on the QM2 and I am getting antsy.

Happy Holidays to all the fellow cruisers I met on my first cruise to Nova Scotia in September. How is Maria? I havent seen a post from her lately. I wish you all a happy and Healthy New Year!

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays fellow CC'rs! Any body know of some good pictures of decorations aboard the QM2 so I can have a vicarious experience? My next cruise is not until Memorial Day on the QM2 and I am getting antsy.

Happy Holidays to all the fellow cruisers I met on my first cruise to Nova Scotia in September. How is Maria? I havent seen a post from her lately. I wish you all a happy and Healthy New Year!

Hi Nuekruizer...I'm just off the QM2 and thoroughly enjoyed the decorations. I'm a dufus about posting online but will email you some of mine if you leave me your email here. The tree was magical....and so was the experience. Loved every minute of it and can't wait to do her again.

Maria posts on our Dec 2nd Roll Call and as of the last note this week she was fine and off to do some cooking with her Dad for the holiday.

Cheers, Penny...still wishfully "Live from the QM2"

190428224403_0_ALB.jpg&session_home=upsa-siteedits147.ofoto.com&preview_size=448

Neukruizer,

Maria called me tonight.

She and I are both having rough weeks. Her father is on the wane, and she fully expects this to be the last big Italian Family Christmas. (Okay, so she's short a few fishes short of a full load!<G>)

Her family is the typical big extended family- lots of interesting characters. I, too have a few of those, but I don't get to see them mostly, as they are all down south.

A lot going on in her life right now- She is pres of her condo assoc, and a lot of responsibilty lately- Just before the holidays.

Of course this is the first major holiday without my dad. I've been crying all week. Work is stressful. I haven'te even STARTED to shop, and haven't done any cards. I HATE the holidays !(Bah, Humbug!)

Be glad when it's all over. I won't be sad to say good buy to 2006. What was it the Queen called (what year?) annus Horribilis!

Karie,

who hasn't had a good one either!

Karie...this too shall pass, remember that. Life will never be the same again when we lose a loved one but it will be better when we are ready. In an 8 year span in the 70's I lost my entire immediate family and realized I was truly an orphan...at a much too early age for that I thought. To this day I can't hear "I'll be Home For Christmas" without bursting into tears...in the grocery store, in my car, at a party....we never forget those we loved and that is how it should be. But it gets easier to focus on the good memories as the time goes on and in time you will feel that too.

In the meantime look up on a starry night for the brightest star you can find...you will know right away who that is and that he is watching out for you as he always did.

With understanding.....Penny

You guys are still the best!

(And Cusyl, how did you do that? I have such a time trying to post pictures!)

Penny and Beth, I will make it. It's the new reality of my life, and that's that. I do still have to speak with the lawyer (for his widow) That is not going to be easy for me. I will get through this.

I'm a little more concerned about Maria. I think she is "alone" in the major responsibility for her Dad, and is the strength of her entire family. With all the stuff going on (the construction next door and the legal stuff involved with the contracts, plus the constuction downstairs, all infringing on the holidays for all the building's residents) there's just a lot of stress in her life right now. (She needs a cruise! I say, let's pass the hat,for all she has done of all of us!) This year's events have reminded all of us how fragile life is, and how important our loved ones are.

And Penny, I have sympathy for what you are saying. Some hurts never go away, they just fade to a little bit more bearable. And no matter your age, you will always be someone's child. I am, in essence, an orphan. Daddy was my rock. My relationship with my mother does not exist. We haven't spoken in 30 years. It was a damaging relationship, so in essence, I feel like an orphan, too. I have said, there is no one left for me (poor Marc- He cares so much but it isn't quite the same as your blood relatives) Of course, your situation was so much more painful.

Beth, cherish your Dad. I am so glad he got his medications straightened out and is feeling much better. Quality of life is so important. Without that, many people just give up on life.

To all of you out there in CC land. Treasure your loved ones. Treat every day like it may be their last. Don't forget to tell them you love them every chance you get. And remember that life could be short. Within reason (like, don't mortgage your future) take chances in life, and don't put off that next cruise, or that first QE2 (look who's talking!)

I don't mean to use this forum as a personal crying board, but life and its uncertainties is what made me take my first cruise. I regret not pushing Dad to go on another one with me. (He fell before we even got on board the last time, and was miserable and in pain with a head injury the entire cruise. He did not enjoy it.)

Sorry to be so emotional. I am still at work (we had a minor emergency and we are right now rebuilding a cell site) I so treasure my friends here on the CC: They, and my two cruises this year (and trying to plan so we can cruise together next year) are the highlight of my year. And I'm not yanking anyone's chain. I have had a very bad year, and the people on this board, even those I have never met (yet) pulled me through all of it. I could not ask for better friends.

Well, we now return your forum to its regularly scheduled subjects!

Karie, still at work, 8:22PM EST Friday before the Christmas holiday!

Dear CUSYL, Thanks for that lovely picture.Esp since I could not handle a tree this year with my handicapped leg.

Karie, I lost my dad over 25 yrs ago and was almost catatonic at the time. Things improve with the passage of time, that is the only thing that really helps. "Time heals all wounds" is true. Sometimes I ask him to help me. Try not to ruminate. I try to find ONE bright spot in each day, if possible! This will be a better year for you and for dear Maria, too!

Dear CUSYL, Thanks for that lovely picture.Esp since I could not handle a tree this year with my handicapped leg.

Karie, I lost my dad over 25 yrs ago and was almost catatonic at the time. Things improve with the passage of time, that is the only thing that really helps. "Time heals all wounds" is true. Sometimes I ask him to help me. Try not to ruminate. I try to find ONE bright spot in each day, if possible! This will be a better year for you and for dear Maria, too!

nuekruizer,

Thanks so much for the well wishes.

I'm sorry to be so down the last few days.

Everything sort of hit me at once. The possibility of losing three cats and having to go through rabies shots on top of dealing with the loss of my Dad, and having to deal with anomalies regarding the will, combined with the fact that the holidays are generally a stressful time for many (even the good stress is stil stress, and it isn't usually an easy time for me in the best years) add in the work situation- when I used to love my job so much and was excited every day, and suddenly am thrust into a new environment where I don't know what I am doing (real good for the self esteem <LOL>) and work with some people who don't share my work ethic and a few other difficult issues- It just all crashed down on me at once. I am sorry to everyone here. I had no right burdening all with my personal problems on such a board. I just got ovewhelmed. I am not usually this negative, as most of you know. I guess I REALLY need another cruise!

We had fun together on the labor day cruise, didn't we?

Well, I think quite a few of our cc friends are on board as we speak enjoying those Christmas decoations the subject was actually about!

Again, I apologize for the whining. I'll try to do better, I promise!

Karie,

who should be ashamed of herself!

P.S. NK- I share your philosophy- well usually-It's a good one. Even though I haven't been doing too well the last few weeks. You were very upbeat, even dealing with the leg onboard. You are an inspiration. Thanks!

P.P.S. Cusyl, how did you manage to post that huge picture! I have such a hard time with sizing things for the upload manager!

P.P.S. Cusyl, how did you manage to post that huge picture! I have such a hard time with sizing things for the upload manager!

I right clicked, copied and pasted it, but that doesn't seem to work on all my pictures and I don't know why.

I right clicked, copied and pasted it, but that doesn't seem to work on all my pictures and I don't know why.

Yeah, I've tried tht a few times myself. Not sure if I 've ever had it work.

Then again, You didn't used to get a paste command in the right click menu, now you do. (instead of having to place your cursor, then, menu> edit> paste)

Karie,

who may try it again some time soon.

Thanks

Karie,

Your words are so meaningful. We had a close call this year, and while everything turned out OK, it was enough to make us realize that you can't continue to put off those "someday when we get the chance" trips. We are taking Mom and Dad on their first ever cruise this week when we board QM2 for her New Years cruise.

We wish all our fellow CCers happiness, peace and calm waters in the New Year.

Tracy

OP,

I am glad that my experience confirmed the 'rightness" of your plans. Please enjoy them and your time with them. If they want to do a shore excursion that's a bit high, such as a heliccopter overflight, why not? Extend yourself a bit, if you can. So it takes an extra month to pay off the old Visa or Mastercard. Some things, as the ad goes, are priceless. You'll be glad I did.

I just wish I'd had the chance to take Dad on that deep sea fishing trip.

Have a marvelous cruise, and remember to hug them like you never have before!

Karie,

who has learned how precious people are, and hopes to never forget.

Archived