Fort Lauderdale Grande

coiran

yes, was there Nov 9th. Do yourself a favor and stay elsewhere. they need to finish the renovation first. They put you at the other end of the hotel by the street. The noise from the construction makes the pool experience less than relaxing....try the pier 66....or the renaissance

Has anyone stayed at the FLL Grande lately?

Ron

Ron, we still have time. When our son gets home, he'll keep trying priceline and if we get something good I'll let you know. If you don't mind posting your email, I'd be glad to get back to you personally. If not, I'll keep posting here. Mimi from PA.

We had the Renaissance Ft. Lauderdale booked for a precruise stay. Now Princess changed us, without asking, to the Fort Lauderdale Grande, which has a lower rating and get much worse reviews at Expedia (4.4 vs. 3.5) etc. It also seems to be under construction! Of course, the price for the package remains the same....

Has anyone stayed there recently?

Btw., when I called Princess, they claim that the Renaissance Ft. Lauderdale does not participate in the precruise packages anymore - yet they advertise the hotel on their web page!

We had the Renaissance Ft. Lauderdale booked for a precruise stay. Now Princess changed us, without asking, to the Fort Lauderdale Grande, which has a lower rating and get much worse reviews at Expedia (4.4 vs. 3.5) etc. It also seems to be under construction! Of course, the price for the package remains the same....

Has anyone stayed there recently?

Btw., when I called Princess, they claim that the Renaissance Ft. Lauderdale does not participate in the precruise packages anymore - yet they advertise the hotel on their web page!

Here is a post that I started a few weeks back.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=453558

So, I just called Princess asking them to honor my original reservation. They gave me the usual (friendly, but totally worthless) runanround about how the hotels are the same , they are not aware of any construction at the Grande (she promised me there would be no construction!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!). BS.....even the hotel webpage mentions the construction!

Bottom line: there is northing they will or can do. See, I wouldn't care, but since we had not bokked this hotel but a better one, I feel that I am getting screwed over before I even go on the cruise.

Archived