Alaska, 1102 or 9588?

Dorie7

HI!

We're cruising in Alaska next spring and have the opportunity to book either 9588 or 1102? I was wondering which would give the better view? The side would show forward and aft whereas the aft would show behind you and some side to side? I was leaning toward the 9588 because of the convenient location, but looking at the itinerary, it seems like the port side has the advantage for viewing land (our itinerary does a return to Vancouver so you see both, but it looks like you are further away from land on the way North and closer on the way south). It is my understanding that the scenery is a primary reason for the Alaska cruise, so the position of the cabin would be very important if you wanted to enjoy that scenery from your balcony.

Finally, worried about extra motion in the aft. How much motion are you likely to encounter during an Alaska cruise in early May? Anyone with experience in best and worst case scenarios?

Am I over thinking all this? Both cabins look great. How do you choose when two cabins lookequally fantastic in different ways?

Thanks for your opinions,

Dorie

Sorry, I haven't had any experience with either room. Just wanted to let you know (if you didn't) that there is a section for ALASKA here too where you might find more help too.

I'm going to Alaska in May too...I hope you have a wonderful time!! Cheers :)

Dorie7,

I am also going to Alaska this May. In addition I also had this dilemma I asked on the boards in both Royal Caribbean and in the Alaska board. The vast majority of the users who replied said the Aft is the better choice. My wife and I decided to take the advice and stay with 1100 on Radiance. If you check me posts you will find the two threads about Aft cabin for Alaska. I hope that helps.

Have an awesome time,

Robert

Archived