Sharing a soda card

Sorry but to me it´s not right to share it and I think of it as theft.

JMHO, YMMV obviously.icon13.gif

Almost forgot to answer your question: It doesn´t matter how strict they are, as it´s simply wrong to do it.

AMEN! couldn't agree with you more.

P.S. I paid a lot of money for my cabin. I'm taking the pillows with me when it's over.

I wondered where the pillow was when I got to my cabin?? The attendant looked puzzled and mumbled something about a soda card controversy when I asked her where the pillows were....:rolleyes: :p

"LOL sorry it wasn't your husband? Your wife? Your brother? Your..ahem...sex slave? hee hee"

Um, I think FitzLA means "partner" as in "life partner".

I love Coke but have never bought the soda cards because:

A) You can tell the bartenders are annoyed at having to constantly fill the glasses

B) I don't want to carry around a mug (I know, sometimes it's just a sticker, but often it's tied to a huge mug too)

C) Fountain pop is gross compared to bottles or cans

D) On my August cruise, it was still only $1.74, with gratuity, for a can of Coke. Usually only splurge on one a day.

Sure, there's a markup on the soda products. Fitz is probably right that it's probably about 10 cents a glass. But the same holds true for alcohol: at wholesale prices, you sell a drink or two, and the house has already paid for that bottle of booze, and the rest is profit.

I do think it's wrong to falsely represent ones self by using someone else's card, but it doesn't tangle my knickers if someone is doing it!

No, on second thought, the Enchantment already has the new bedding. And I've paid for NOT JUST ANY CABIN...........I have a JUNIOR SUITE. I'm special.

I'm taking the whole bedding ensemble.

OMG! Too funny!

Carol you crack me up :p :p :p

Ok so how about going on eBay and buying someone else's cups and then useing them on your cruise? They sell them on there all the time. How upset are all you about that. :D (as everyone loads up eBay)

I just think it's funny how fast people are to point at others and shout your a lying cheat. :rolleyes: Shame

It's always struck me as very strange that cruiselines charge for sodas that cost them pennies per serving, yet offer coffee, one of the world's most expensive non-alcoholic beverages per serving, for free! I wonder how this precedent ever got established and ingrained? :rolleyes:

Ok so how about going on eBay and buying someone else's cups and then useing them on your cruise? They sell them on there all the time. How upset are all you about that. :D (as everyone loads up eBay)

I just think it's funny how fast people are to point at others and shout your a lying cheat. :rolleyes: Shame

You can buy a used soda cup on EBay - eeeeeeeeeew! BUT you still have to show your sticker when you go to fill it onboard ;)

It's always struck me as very strange that cruiselines charge for sodas that cost them pennies per serving, yet offer coffee, one of the world's most expensive non-alcoholic beverages per serving, for free! I wonder how this precedent ever got established and ingrained? :rolleyes:

Terpnut: "Ours is not to question why, ours is but to do or die."*

*common misquoting of Tennyson's Charge of the Light Brigade:

"Theirs not to make reply,

Theirs not to reason why,

Theirs but to do & die,"

How strict are they on doing this?? $42 for a whole week is expensive...I don't drink that much coke!!! lol

I think I found you a good compromise. Share the coke itself, not the card! :p That should pacify any moral dilemma you or anyone else is having, after all, sharing is always encouraged! :p :p :p

***DISCLAIMER*** Please no one yell at me for this, I say it in good fun. I personally plan on purchasing 2 cards!

I think I found you a good compromise. Share the coke, not the card! :p That should pacify any moral dilemma you or anyone else is having, after all, sharing is always encouraged! :p :p :p

***DISCLAIMER*** Please no one yell at me for this, I say it in good fun. I personally plan on purchasing 2 cards!

Not to worry...

WE WON'T YELL AT YOU! ;)

DH just puts a 12 pak of Diet Coke in his luggage...plenty to last for the week. For those who like to pack lighter, it would be nice if they offered different "denominations" of drink cards...for example, 10 cans of soda for $14.99 or 20 cans for $25.00, etc.

So if the person who buys the card and does not drink it's full amount to cover the cost and they give one to another person, is that still stealing?

Well of course it is! Why is it so hard for people to understand a simple contract?! Once again, we have a case of people with a sense of entitlement who can't follow the rules. If you do not like the rules find another cruise line with rules you do like (although you probably won't follow those either!)You agree to the terms when you purchase the card... 1 per person. It is that simple... nothing to debate really. I realize this is worded strongly.... it is not an attack... I just really feel strongly about the decline of morals in society today and this is yet another example. How can we expect the next generation to understand right from wrong if we can't even be honest about purchasing sodas?!

I don't plan on getting a soda card for me, I like lemonade, etc. but I also don't drink a lot of liquids...Having said that, I might take a drink or two from DH's pop if it's sitting there but I wouldn't use his card to get my own...

First, the soda cards are never worth the pure cost of the card. What does justify the expense is the benefit of speedy service at the bars, dining room and in the theatre. All you need to do is flash the card and order your soda. If you don't have the card then you must wait for the transaction to be rung up and posted to your sign and sail card.

On our Ecstasy cruise in November we got the soda cards and each time to the bar we were served drinks in the same size glasses as the cash paying customers. The drinks were opened from the can right in front of us and poured over ice for all 5 days aboard.

The card allows you to also get juices at the bars after exercise in the mornings. We use them to get pineapple juice and fruit juices during the day, and after our morning run.

The theatre and the dining room beverage service also make it easy, as your dining waiter will have your soda waiting for you each evening after you show the card to he/she and place your order the first night. Our bar waiter on the Ecstasy had the sodas waiting for us each night in the dining room.

Ask yourself a question based on the logic from the response above. Let's say you and a friend go to a buffet and both of you are not very hungry. Can you and that friend go through the line one at a time, and then justify that you ate only as much as one hungry person? If you can live with that answer then do what you wish...

Finally, the cost of the actual soda is a fraction of the expense of serving a drink to cruise passengers. The shipping costs, human costs of labor involved and the entire expense result in only a small profit for the cruise line.

A Tylenol costs about $2 at one of my hospitals by the time it gets to a patient. The difference is the expense of handling, dispensing and human cost to get it to the floor.

The cost of a cruise when I first sailed on the Mardi Gras in 1976 was over $2000. That's double what a similar trip costs today at the inflated dollar. Cruises are a bargain, and the extra items like photos, soda cards, shore excursions, gambling and alcohol purchases offset the savings of the cruise. Cruise lines area public share owned companies. You are stealing from the shareholders as well. Someone else, paying for something else will be forced to offset the profits you stole.

Why not grab a few extra photos, I know they only cost a few cents to print, and you can save $20 for each one you take. I mean, my photo bills are so expensive and all...

LOL! Can you imagine being thrown off the ship for sharing a soda card?

Good thing there are no trials or courts at sea........but if there were a jury???? :eek:

if there were a jury ....you might be shark food.:D

I never buy a card as I am not a soda drinker at all, my kids are rare soda drinkers, but if we WERE I would be packin what I want as we do with what ever else we intend to want for the week... as to the OP,no opinion as to whats right or wrong..just my 0.02. DO whatever you see fit to do, and don't let these boards get to you personally...it's just a computer... just have a great time no matter what you choose to do.:)

The other day I was watching a show in TLC about conjoined twins. It was a girl(s) and they shared a body but had 2 heads. They were teenage girls in HS and even drove. So, if they were on a cruise, would they be able to get away with 1 soda card, or 2? It all went to the same place anyway.

I would imagine that those who think that sharing a soda card is theft would also think that ordering a mug off Ebay for the purpose of re-using it is also theft.

What else would you call it, if the intent is to get sodas without paying the cruiseline for a soda card? It may be petty theft but it is still an attempt to flout the rules.

What else would you call it, if the intent is to get sodas without paying the cruiseline for a soda card? It may be petty theft but it is still an attempt to flout the rules.

Agreed!! Why even go on a cruise if you cannot afford a $2.00 can of soda :confused: :confused: :rolleyes:

###

Archived