Seattle Bus System

DevinScott

Greetings from Seattle! I wanted to let everyone know about Seattle's excellent bus system. I don't know that I would suggest it for airport transfers, because luggage can be a hassle. It can be done however, and the airport buses have a bit more open space. You can find information about the bus schedules and fares on the King County website WWW.METROKC.GOV. You will see a list of options on the left and you will want to choose TRANSPORTATION then METRO ONLINE. The TRIP PLANNER option allows you to customize a schedule from one address or landmark to another. The buses within the downtown area are free until 7:00 pm. They also have all day passes for tourists. You can see some nice scenery by taking the bus from downtown to Bellevue and back. This goes on the floating bridge over Lake Washington.

Thanks for the bus info, Devin. We will be staying in Seattle post-cruise for one night. I like the idea of having a 'free' bus to use around downtown-didn't know about that! :)

Devin, I agree wholeheartedly with your post. We stayed downtown precruise but in the SeaTac area post cruise and used the bus roundtrip to downtown from the airport. Could not have been more pleased with the ease of use. Drivers were very courteous and helpful. Had many passengers both ways with luggage and they seemed to be able to manage just fine.

Archived