Immigration Form Woes

kryos

Anyone else having problems completing the pre-boarding paperwork on Cunard's website?

I'm sailing on the April TransAtlantic ... the last segement of the 2007 QE2 World Cruise ... from Southampton to New York ... and my TA sent me my booking number, along with some paperwork to fill out. She suggested I do the paperwork online and directed me to Cunard's website.

When I input my name and booking number, I do get to a screen that recognizes me by name and voyage ... and gives me some options ... including completing the immigration form. But, when I click on the form, the system sends me right back to the log on page.

Could it be that you can't complete the questionnaire until you have made final payment? Or, am I just doing something wrong?

As an added note ... my traveling companion on this voyage is also having the same problem.

Any advice?

Blue skies ...

--rita

I have managed to fill in everything for the January one - but then I have paid in full.....

No idea. You can do it over the phone if you want.

I've been on trips where I haven't done it at all, but I think you have to be more careful if you're off to America as their immigration is somewhat neurotic.

Not that ours isn't, but ours is too disorganised to notice when the rules are broken!

Rita,

You can also download the form and fax or mail it. Additionally, when you get your pre-cruise docs it will be in there (although I didn't want to tear anything out of my pre-cruise booklet- Just anal, I guess!)

Also, since you booked through a travel agent, she can input the info for you. Just give her a call (or an email) with the info, and she can go right online in the Polar system to input (since I obviously know who your TA is, and that she is back up and around after a few of life's little challenges, such as moving- always hectic, and a knee injury, I believe it was!<G>)

I know, it feel mosre participative to put it in yourself, but that web page has always been known for being unreliable. Even those who have used it report they later checked and noticed info they put in to be missing!

And while we're on the subjecct. I hope everyone got their passports here in the US. New rules go into effect, I believe Jan 29th (off the top of my head) And don't forget the rules for how long it must be good for after you enter another country. Marc's and mine expire in April, I think. We have to get them renewed before we go on another cruise, and there is sure to be a rush on the agencies as people push the deadline!

Karie,

who had better get her tail in gear or no cruises soon!

Doyou have cookies set on? DId it ask for a login again? That is the error you get.It may also be due to no final payment. You have lots of time to do it.

The cookies are a thought. I am trying to input the info at work ... and maybe that's the problem. I have no idea how the networks department has these computers set up for internet. I'll try on a couple more computers ... and failing that, will just fill out the form and FAX. I was hoping to avoid writing all that info down. Just lazy, I guess. :)

Thanks everyone for the help.

Blue skies and happy holidays!

--rita

I say either fill out the paperwork manually or phone it in. Both method works and I have to admit I ended up doing both. The problems our OP has using the online Voyage Personaliser on the US site was what I encountered. It just doesn't work properly. So this one tme, I would not listen to the travel agent.

David

Archived