Can anyone explain? From the Cunard site:

paulista1950

For the cheapest cabin.

M703-11:Fort Lauderdale to Rio de Janeiro January 10, 2007 - January 18, 2007 Queen Mary 2 - 8 days

EBS Fares from $7,399 Mistake? Note that it's the same fare that the 16 days trip bellow

M703-12:Fort Lauderdale to Valparaiso January 10, 2007 - January 26, 2007

Queen Mary 2 - 16 days

EBS Fares from $7,399

M703-14:Rio de Janeiro to Valparaiso January 18, 2007 - January 26, 2007

Queen Mary 2 - 8 days

EBS Fares from $7,399 We can see a patern here. It doesn't matter the trip, it'll always cost you 7,399! Way too much.

E702-2:World Cruise: Portal to the Pacific January 8, 2007 - January 22, 2007 Queen Elizabeth 2 - 14 days

EBS Fares from $2,249 Compare to 7,399 for the QM2

WC08:New York to Los Angeles January 13, 2008 - January 30, 2008

Queen Victoria - 17 days

EBS Fares from $3,149 Seems the normal price.

WC08:Singapore to Dubai March 18, 2008 - March 31, 2008

Queen Victoria - 13 days

EBS Fares from $2,089 Normal price too

Coming to think it seems the prices for the QM2 World Cruise are wrongly posted or could it be anything else?

My document for this coming QE2 World Cruise was all garbled. I got it straightened out: as expected, it was "just" error in input.

Perhaps the site prices carry information put in by a beginner on the computer and no one has checked nor read closely enough (save you) to alert Cunard.

Hi,

Up until recently I used to sell cruises as a homeworker and would always get the shoc of my life when some prices came in at $53,999!!! Blimey, now thats PRICEY I thought, so when I asked the help desk people for the booking system I was using, the reply came that when that cabin grade was sold out, they just put some kind of extortionate price on as no one in their right mind would try to book a that price!! :confused:

So, I suspect that the same is happening here ie the cabin grade thats listed as $7399 is sold out and the system has to have some kind of price listed in order for it to cope (I used to work in IT as well... and we all know that computers are only as clever as the person that programmed them)!!!

Hope that helps answer your question?!

Happy Cruising :D

Karen

Archived