QE 2: P1 vs Q3

mtbny7

Hi all-

I've sailed on QE 2 many times, in P's and Q's, but for some reason I can not make up my mind on an upcoming trip:

Stay with my assigned P1 cabin on One Deck and dine in the Princess Grill, or move to a Q3 cabin on Two Deck and dine in Queens Grill?

What do you all think?

Thanks!

-M

PS: I do realize how absurd this is; most people should have such problems!

If they're not charging you extra for the Q3, go with the Q3. Why not?

If you still want to dine in the Princess Grill, you probably can do that even if you take the Q3. I know people who have done this so I don't see why it should be a problem.

By and large, the Q3 cabins are my favorites (unless you need a balcony). I have seen one Q3 which was not very nice at all - it was just as huge as the others but it had had its original furnishings removed (I don't know why - I suspect it might have been flooded from a plumbing leak, or something) and the new furnishings were very, very plain. But the other Q3s are gorgeous, as I'm sure you don't need me to tell you. In fact they may be my favorite cabins of all the cabins I've seen on any ship (that's a lot of cabins).

Of course, the P1 cabins are all nice too - I just prefer the Q3s. There's a reason they usuall cost more ;) !

Hi-

There would be no additional charge; and you're right about sleeping in Q3 cabin and dining in Princess Grill. Smart idea.

One thing that was on my mind was that after 20+ trips on QE 2 I've been on every deck (mostly Two Deck) but not One Deck! So I was thinking I should stick with my P1 on One Deck before the old gal goes "bye-bye"... as an American I don't have the time/money/ease to sail QE 2 as much as I did when she had her regular transAtlantic schedule.

I do love the Q3 cabins... I wonder which one has been ruined with modern furniture? I will have to look into it. I was in 2074 once and that was shockingly plain but original (odd, isn't it?). The next voyage I was on I saw it was being used for storage by a film crew!

One of my favs on the ship is 2089 (a C2 cabin) - I only had it once and it was small... but perect in terms of style (lots of wood and two HUGE postholes), comfort (one bed flipped into sofa for day use) and it's in a "fashionable" neighborhood at a bargain price!

Merry Christmas!

-M

One thing that was on my mind was that after 20+ trips on QE 2 I've been on every deck (mostly Two Deck) but not One Deck! So I was thinking I should stick with my P1 on One Deck

Oh, they want to put you in a Two Deck Q3?

The One Deck ones are nicer, though that's not to knock the others.

I'm pretty sure that when the ship was built, the One Deck Q3s were actually one grade above the Two Deck ones, though I could be mistaken.

I do love the Q3 cabins... I wonder which one has been ruined with modern furniture?

It was one of the One Deck ones. Not sure which. It was, quite frankly, awful.

Hi Michael,

I must admit after my 7+ cruises onboard QE2 and having mainly travelled Queens Grill I would opt for the Q3 cabin on 2 deck!The food in the Grill and I was onboard last for a 3 week cruise this past October was superb with service to match! My late grandparents mainly travelled in Queens Grill & made nearly 50+ cruises on QE2 over the years & nearly always travelled in a 2 deck Q3 or what was then B grade Queens Grill cabin. They too had 1 deck Q3 cabins but mainly liked 2 deck cabins - if I travelled in a twin cabin I would opt for either 1 or two deck cabins but by choice would opt for a more midships location would i.e. a 2 deck cabin such as 2078 or 2082. I am told by friends that 2065 is also a very good cabin and very close to the Midships lobby.

Kind Regards & Happy Christmas,

RJMS74

Archived