Need serious advice on HAIR

ckrobyn

Every time I cruise, without fail.....my hair refuses to behave.

I have bangs, and every time I blow dry them straight....within a few minutes (even before I leave the cabin) they are starting to frizz. I don't have this problem at home.....

I end up slicking my bangs back all week because I can't handle the way they always curl up.

Does anyone know if there is some kind of styling product out there that will ensure my bangs stay straight and not frizz up??

HELP!

Hi -Like you, I get frizzie hair during my cruise too - and here is how I have solved my problems.

First, I used one of the frizzie serums or hair straightener after I wash (and before I dry) my hair. (Put it in your checked bag, not your carryon, or it could be confiscated at the airport - it's a gel!)

Secondly, I usually wash my hair once each day - but not in the morning. I wash and blow dry my hair each evening before dinner on the ship. And, then I do not go out on deck for the rest of the evening. (Yes, I know that the deck is romantic and lovely at night, but frizzies make me/my hair crazy!) Besides, we are too busy lingering over dinner, going to the show and going dancing to go out on deck much.

Lastly, I use a curling iron which actually helps to straighten my hair after I've blown it dry. And, it helps tone down frizzies.

Hope t hese tips are helpful for you!

Smooth sailing,

Liz

Thanks for the advice. I usually wash my hair only in the evening before dinner. I haven't tried a straightening balm yet, so I will definitely get some before my cruise. I do have a flat iron so I will be taking that with me too! :)

You're lucky that it only happens when you cruise! I've given up fighting the curl, found a hairdresser that knows how to cut it and just dry it with a diffuser & some gunk that keeps it curly but not frizzy. Eudora is the brand, but I can't remember the actual product. I think polishing drops and finishing gel or something like that.

I have naturally "curly" hair, which ends up frizzing and wavy if I don't get the right products, so I know the pain :D

I'm finding that if I use Biosilk Silk Therapy Treatment (a little goes a *long* way), my hair will stay reasonably smooth - either in it's naturally curly state or blown out straighter.

That said... sometimes there's just nothing to do, but go with it - maybe some cute headbands/scarves are in order? :)

I was worrying about this myself, as my hair is wavy but can be blow dried straight unless the humidity is high. I use "Redken Smooth Down Heat Glide" before blow drying or flat ironing- it's lightweight and AWESOME.

redken_smooth_q.gif

I've read a few people comment that they just wear their hair "beach style"- letting it airdry into waves. I will probably do that, as I can't see myself wasting precious cruise time straightening and fighting nature. :D

howdy ladies!

i am in the same boat as you! complete frizz-bomb hair here, too. naturally curly and a mind of it's own...but, i am also a stylist. so here is my suggestion: why not just get your bangs relaxed? i used to do that when i had bangs and it was fantastic! i do recommend only letting a pro do it for you, some haircolors/lighteners and relaxers don't like each other! (lol) and a stylist can let you know.

ok, here are the products i use on my own curlyheads at the salon and my own hair:

freshly shampooed hair, still wet:

Aquage Defining Gel---all over

Sebastion Curl---mostly on the ends

and for the next day to redefine the curls i swear by Jonathan Product Redo...amazing stuff! we don't even sell Jonathan Product in our salon but, i have all my curlyheads hooked on it!

the best of luck to you! happy cruising!

I wash and condition my hair with L'Oreal colouring shampoo and conditioner. Its the one here in the UK thats the red bottles. I then use a serum called John Frieda and then towel dry my hair but try not to rough it too much. Then I use another John Frieda product alled Frizz Exe straightening balm. I always try and then leave my hair to dry naturally in a pony tail. Once it is dry then I use the GHD straightners first spraying each section with another product which is a heat protector. After the whole head is done I use hat Redken on the ends and then use a final spray again John Frieda finsihing spray but I spray onto my hands and then use my hands to put it on my head.

I know its loads of products but these are the only ones that work for me. I often go to the hairdressers for a trim and they wash and blow dry and straighten using their best products. None work so good as my little lot.

A straightening iron called the Chi is da bomb! I have curly, frizzy hair too and this thing gets it completely straight and silky. It has ceramic plates and gets very hot. It's a little pricy though, but worth it. Believe me, not all straightening irons are the same.

Make sure you take a cute little clip or barette of some kind so you can sweep them off your face if needed. Pin them to the side and then fluff everything else a bit. And make sure you pretend that they are SUPPOSED to look that way!

I was so pleased that my hair went pleasantly curly and stayed that way the whole time. Then we got home and it all fell out and was just curly for an hour or so after my shower. Too bad...

Getting them chemically straightened was a great idea!

Archived