Shopping for Liquor

mfdds

I have heard that Grand Cayman is very expensive for souvenirs. Our ship will be making only two stops, one in Key West and the other in GC. Does it pay to buy liquor there, and if so where ?.

Thanks forant info.

Alcohol is subject to a heavy import duty in the Cayman Islands, so expect to see the price of drinks at a bar to reflect this.

Happily for cruise ship visitors, you can snap up duty free liquor to take home at any of the many shops in the port area. Make your purchases early in the day because the shops will have a cut off time. They must have time to deliver your purchases to the ship.

Alcohol is subject to a heavy import duty in the Cayman Islands, so expect to see the price of drinks at a bar to reflect this.

Happily for cruise ship visitors, you can snap up duty free liquor to take home at any of the many shops in the port area. Make your purchases early in the day because the shops will have a cut off time. They must have time to deliver your purchases to the ship.

I will be traveling on Carnival Victory, and they do not allow passengers to bring on booze? I was thinking of chancing it and bringing some anyways, but how does the deliver to the ship work? Does the ship charge you a corking fee like the booze they sell on the ship?

Thanks in advance!

I have heard that Grand Cayman is very expensive for souvenirs. Our ship will be making only two stops, one in Key West and the other in GC. Does it pay to buy liquor there, and if so where ?.

Thanks forant info.

Check out the price for liquor onboard, it could be less then onshore in Grand Cayman.:)

Archived