3 ships in galveston Port on 12/30/2006

Hypo

I noticed that next weekend there will be three ships in Galveston at the same time. The Grand Princess, Carnival Ecstasy, and RCCL Splendour of the Seas.

Where do they put the third ship, as there are only two cruise terminals that I know of?

Hypo

I noticed that next weekend there will be three ships in Galveston at the same time. The Grand Princess, Carnival Ecstasy, and RCCL Splendour of the Seas.

Where do they put the third ship, as there are only two cruise terminals that I know of?

Hypo

The Grand Princess sails on Saturdays as well as the Ectasy. On 12/30/06 the only ship on port (Galveston) is the Splendor of the Seas. To confirm this go to http://www.cruisecal.info/portal/Galveston,Texas/tabid/1245/Default.aspx

The Port of Galveston website, Cruise Ship schedule calendar, shows three ships in port on the 30th of December.

It shows the Ecstasy at terminal 1, Splendour of the Seas at terminal 2 and Grand Princess at "other".

So where is the GP tying up?:)

Hypo

From the webcam, it looks like they had the grand at pier 1, the carnival ship at pier 2, and the NCL ship behind that. Looked like the NCL ship had to back out of it's spot. Based on the times from cruisecal, it looked like the grand left about an hour late, the ncl ship even later than that, and the carnival ship moved from pier 2 to pier 1, and is still sitting there now, which is odd, since cruisecal said it was supposed to leave at 4pm galveston time, so it's real late (11:10 galveston time now).

Archived