Uh-oh... left something in a drawer!

TxSandMom

I can't believe we did this, but we left some things in a drawer. I am the packer in the family: I pack, unpack, re-pack. While on the cruise, we used all the drawers and cabinets and closets.

On our last day, I re-packed us all up. I double-checked all drawers, cabinets, and closets (I thought!!). DH is in charge of double-checking after me.

Well, between the both of us we somehow missed ONE drawer (the desk drawer). I left two card games (no biggie... although one was a family favorite and not easily replaced... will check eBay). I am not sure, however, if there was anything else left in that drawer.

Has anyone had this experience? What are the chances of recovery? I know that the ship has already sailed... anyone know what the crew does with FOUND stuff?

There are have been reports of items being returned and finding their way back to the original owner. We have found things before and turned them in to the pursers desk. Just going by the description of your items I wouldn't think there would be a high probability of getting them back. It could happen though. Good luck!

Our DD left all her bathing suits and other unmentionables in the drawers (about $400 worth of clothing).:( We chalked it up to a learning experience and vow to do the checking next time (left it up to her to pack her own things). Well lo and behold about three weeks later we receive a box with ALL of her things, yep everything.:p I get tickled when I think about it because our room steward would have had to sack all that stuff up and send it to Miami (that is where the box came from) and I can just picture him opening the drawer and saying nnnnnnnoooooooooo!!!!! Ha Ha Ha :D :D I sent an email to Uncle Bob thanking them and praising our room steward for what I think is going "above and beyond" the call of duty... He He

Except for the fact that the missing items are card games I would think your chances would be fairly decent. I am sure Carnival has some "lost and found" department that Customer service can put you in touch with. I would immediately contact them with a description of the missing items, date of sailing, ship name, etc. If they don't have it, in a week or so, contact them again, as it may take a bit to work its way back to "corporate" lost and found.

There is usually a protocol to these type of things. For example I have left things in rides etc at Walt Disney World. If I immediately realize it, I return to the last known location. If it has been a few hours, I will check the lost and found for the particular park I was in. If it is the next day or latere I contact the "central" lost and found department.

It sounds like one of the card games is unique so could be easily identifiable, but on the other hand someone may have returned it to the library thinking it was a ship supplied game.

Good luck

My husband left a 59 Lb suitcase full of laundry under the bed on the Liberty 3 weeks ago. We docked on a Sunday. He called Carnival on Monday (when we realized we were short a case of laundry). They took a description of the item, where it was located, etc. The following Tuesday, DHL rang my bell with a huge box.

The suitcase and all the items were inside.

My husband left a 59 Lb suitcase full of laundry under the bed on the Liberty 3 weeks ago. We docked on a Sunday. He called Carnival on Monday (when we realized we were short a case of laundry). They took a description of the item, where it was located, etc. The following Tuesday, DHL rang my bell with a huge box.

The suitcase and all the items were inside.

Have to ask..... clean or dirty?:D

I'm not sure about card games.... but I left my PASSPORT and a picture of my nephew in a drawer... Before I had a chance to contact them, both arrived at my house. They said that since the items were of obvioius importance, and because I had utilized the Funpass system, they were able to quickly return my items.

Just got back from the glory - found someones ID in the safe (looked like husband and wife military ID, weapons ID and scuba cert -handed it all in to the purser so hope they got them back - would think those would be pretty vital pieces of ID- ds said it would be scarey if they had got into the wrong hands

Archived