Question on wait times for tenders

rufusrex

Happy Holidays everyone.

We are leaving on the Dawn a week from Sunday :) and I had a question on the tenders. It is a Western Carribbean cruise, and as I've read from other posts most of the ports we will be visiting will require tender service. We are not planning in participitating in the NCL excursions, but prefer going on our own. We have a 5 and 8 yr old, and our main goal is to find a beach to swim and snorkel (Santa brought us all snorkel gear!) and perhaps a little shopping if time permits.

My question is, what time can we reasonably expect to catch a tender off the ship. I've read that the NCL excursions get priority, and that it can be a slow process. We are in a mini-suite, so I don't believe we get the benefit of priority passes.

Thanks in advance for all the help. Love CC, just got my magnets in the mail!

Happy Holidays everyone.

We are leaving on the Dawn a week from Sunday :) and I had a question on the tenders. It is a Western Carribbean cruise, and as I've read from other posts most of the ports we will be visiting will require tender service. We are not planning in participitating in the NCL excursions, but prefer going on our own. We have a 5 and 8 yr old, and our main goal is to find a beach to swim and snorkel (Santa brought us all snorkel gear!) and perhaps a little shopping if time permits.

My question is, what time can we reasonably expect to catch a tender off the ship. I've read that the NCL excursions get priority, and that it can be a slow process. We are in a mini-suite, so I don't believe we get the benefit of priority passes.

Thanks in advance for all the help. Love CC, just got my magnets in the mail!

Since you are in a mini suite you are entitled to concierge service. Along with that service you can get priority tender service. Just ask the concierge for the passes.

Make sure you introduce yourself to the concierge and it should be Claudio, fantastic person.

Have a great trip.

We have tendered with and without assistance from our concierge. We have never had long waits. Of course, we didn't leave with the first tender call. We sauntered around having breakfast, letting the rush pass, then we left. We have had to wait for a tender a few times coming back. I have sometimes found longer waits while on a planned NCL excursion... meet here at 7:45 (wait in a crowd), travel together to the tender (wait for the tenders to fill), file out of the tender and wait again.

Still, I've never had a bad experience with tenders. You'll have a great time and so will your kids. Each tender can be an exciting process and fun process for kids.

We have tendered with and without assistance from our concierge. We have never had long waits. Of course, we didn't leave with the first tender call. We sauntered around having breakfast, letting the rush pass, then we left.

Isn't that aways the way things are? :rolleyes:

Not everyone can be first off and on. :(

If you wish to avoid lines, wait until the rush is over. :cool:

If you wish to avoid lines, wait until the rush is over. :cool:

and don't wait until the last half hour to return to the ship! The longest line I ever waited in to get back on a ship (tender or not) was in Ketchikan for the Star. It was 20 minutes before "all aboard" and I waited over 30 minutes in line to get on the ship. (no tender, it was docked) It seems everyone waited until then to return! (needless to say, not everyone was on by "all aboard" as there was probably another 20 minutes of line behind me!)

Archived