Bridge Cam Views

stowaway2k

Better guess: the Star Princess, Cayman Islands Port Authority has her in port today. It's too ugly to be shopping cart.

Ah, she's one of those Princess training ships for Cunard where --

Waiters learn how to sing "Happy Birthday" in unison

Chefs learn how to parade in step on the last night of the voyage

and, dare I say it, future Cunard Masters bide their time until they become grey beards.

Chris

Looks like a prototype for some weird new fashion shoe- Promising greater comfort with squared off toes and heels, high rise for winter, and a bargain at only $356.00 US...per shoe!

Karie,

whose mind is still off in la-la land, which is not any port I have ever stopped at before...legally! <G>

The photo of the Princess cruiseship brings to mind an interesting observation about the design of many (most) contemporary cruiseships. While walking my dog along Hudson River Park in lower Manhattan not too long ago, the Norwegian Dawn and then the Norwegian Spirit went gliding by. A friend commented that on profile their sterns looked like an iron! So when I got home I placed the iron on the ironing board and was amused by the resemblance! So will the Queen Victoria be an iron, too?

That strange humpty backside (sorry, stern) makes it look like some kind of over-sized Spanish Galleon....

IMHO it just looks plain ugly..and awkward...and clumsy...and clunky. Did I miss anything...while still trying to remain polite?:p

Cheers, Penny...who has no desire to sail on something that doesn't look like a ship!

Archived