Experience with multiple guarantee cabins

PizzaPilot

We're looking at booking a family cruise on Triumph and we need 3 cabins. We're thinking about booking guarantee to save some $$ for other things and are wondering what others' experiences with multiple guarantee cabins has been?

Do they try to keep you somewhat together or is it just completely random? What about dining room assignments? Will they put you together no matter where you end up on the ship??

Chuck,

I have no idea about room assignments, but regardless of where Carnival places you for dining...the Maitre'D ...well, its his dining room....not only can he fix it, he will. Just ask when you get onboard. Do not sweat that one, thats easy! I would go see the dining room staff shortly after boarding so they have more time to work your issue for you.

First cruise booked last minute... two inside gtys on the fantasy.... got U243 back of the ship and E6 front of the ship.... luckily kids were 14 and 20 and ok in their own cabin...

Second cruise booked 6 months in advance...... six inside gtys on the miracle..... got six 5A's all within 10 doors of each other.... worked great .... one mom and one daughter in each cabin and they could talk to each other through the french doors......

Always had the same table at dinner......

Booked 3 "Guar" cabins once.

2 cabins close to each other, 1 cabin in same area but 1 floor up.

As far as dining room goes. If you make the booking for all 3 cabins, all persons in those 3 cabins will dine together. The "BOOKING NUMBER" is what tells them you are all together

We booked 7 cabins over the period of several weeks during August and Sept. for a Dec. cruise. Booked inside guarantee with a military discount on 3 cabins. Got 7 6a oceanview cabins. 4 together on one side of the side, 3 directly across on the other side. They seated us 6 at one table, 8 at the other right next to each other. Worked out great!

We booked 3 balcony guarantee, 4 cabins about 11 months out, another 10 months out - the balconies got 2 next to each other and the other 2 doors away. Also booked 2 oceanview and they are right next to each other - same area, different deck with the balconies on Verandah deck and OV on Main. Couldn't be happier.

From what I've seen, I think they TRY to put you close to each other, but in the end, the guarantee categlories allow them to do whatever they need to do to fill the ship, so there is always a chance that you will be far apart.

Asfar as dining is concerned, you do not all have to be under the same booking number, but all the bookings have to be linked in order for the maitre d' to know that you want to sit together. Ask them to be linked when you reserve, and double check a few weeks before your cruise to make sure they are still linked. Dining arrangements aren't settled until the week before your cruise, so wait until you get close to sailing time to double-check that no computer glitch (or TA or staff glitch) has caused your reservations to wander away from each other.

We've booked 2 GTY cabins twice - first time booked a balcony GTY and inside GTY, received deck 9 balcony and deck 1 OV. Second time booked an 8A balcony GTY and an inside GTY, received 2 8B balconies - but on opposite ends of the deck. However, we've never had a problem with the dining room because our PVP linked the booking numbers for the two cabins. Bottom line: if you want cabins together, book specific cabins. If it doesn't matter, just make sure your booking numbers are linked for the dining room.

Thanks for all the advice. Booked our 3 inside GTY cabins today. PVP really tried to assign us Riveria Deck cabins for the same price, but I told him we'd roll the dice and hope for the upgrade - can't do any worse than the Riveria Deck he was offering:)

Got to make my new countdown now!...

I booked our cruise separate from my neice(she went thru a TA) and (I went thru Carnival) and when I booked I told my PVP that I wanted to surprise my neice (she didn't know I was going), and I wanted us to be all at the same dinning table and he arranged it.:)

When I got on board I went to the dining room to make sure it was arranged and sure enough they had us all at the same table. She was really surprised when we walked up, that night at dinner. :D

So it can be done. We had two different booking numbers but Carnival was able to bring up her number and arrange it. She was on one end of the ship and I was on the other end.:eek:

Beverly

Most definitely an exception to the rule, but you asked for our experience....

Booked two OV guarantees; got two balconies right next door to each other (really didn't want to be next to the other couple, but oh well!!!) Since then, booked specific cabins. For our upcoming cruise, booked two balcony guarantees (two separate couples, booked different times, same PVP); waiting to see what we get!:)

Dining times were same. Just make sure there is a TA or PVP who knows everyone's booking numbers, then they'll be linked.

Archived