Missing dinner due to shore excursion

Jett456

If I miss my dinner time due to staying at the beach too long can I eat dinner at the Lido without a reservation or anything? How late do they stay open? I think we are getting stuck with the early time even though I requested the later one. How late is too late to be seated in the dining room. I believe it starts at 5:45 on the Legend. Thanks

If I miss my dinner time due to staying at the beach too long can I eat dinner at the Lido without a reservation or anything? How late do they stay open? I think we are getting stuck with the early time even though I requested the later one. How late is too late to be seated in the dining room. I believe it starts at 5:45 on the Legend. Thanks

Yes, you can eat on the Lido deck if you come in too late for your dinner seating. Last cruise, we asked (and were given) the 8:00 dinner time. We spend alot of time at the ports, but I don't ever remember missing dinner having it at that time. We missed lunch, but never dinner. I believe that the last seating is at 8:30. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

The rules used to be up to a half hour past your seating time. But they seemed to extend that on the days we were still in port to about 45 minutes.

They were also letting diners in with EEK SHORTS! on those days.

The Lido was open to 9:30 PM.

You didnt say which ship or what ports you will be at. Early dinner is 5:45 on some ships. On our cruises most of our ports had a 6:00 leaving time--which we have to be on the ship half hour before. Only time we had aproblem was in Cozumel last year and we got on the ship within minutes of dinner. took fast showers got dressed and headed down.

There is also 24 hour pizza available . Pizzeria also has salads and calzones.

Lido dinner is always an option till 9 p.m. and don't forget the free room service. If you get stuck with early but want late go the the dining room when you board and see if it can be switched.

If you get the 5:45 seating, which is what we got on the Legend, and you can't make it to the dining room before 6, I would certainly go to the Lido for dinner. We skipped dinner in the dining room two nights. The first night we were having too much fun with new friends to stop that early and we also went to the Golden Fleece one night.

Most ship's dining times are:

5:45 and 6:15 - Early (Main)

8:00 and 8:30 - Late

It's rude to arrive more than ten minutes late for dinner in the dining room. Not only does it throw the waiters off schedule, but it is being inconsiderate to your tablemates.

Lido Deck buffet would be the way to go should you return to the ship too late to make your assigned dining time. :)

Some of the Maitre 'D's will work it out where you can go to a later seating, we went prior to our seating and explained that the shore tour came back late and he worked out the later seating.

We had early seating years ago on our first cruise. The last night we had an extra person. She had had late seating but both her roomates were seasick-she asked if she could do early seating that night and was allowed.

I love the beach butI am super sensitive to the sun. I like to go to the beach like 6 or 7 p.m. We have done this twice when the ship leaves port later. Once we ate on the Lido early and once afterwards on the Lido. The lido is buffet style self serve-pretty similiar to a Golden Corral type restuarant. Also you can get pizza around the clock on Carnival besides there is usually a late night buffet of some sorts besides room service. No fear of going hungry.

Hi Cotton,

I am a first time cruiser and just wondering if you could clarify the eating time thing for me also. You wrote 5:45 - 6:15. Does that mean there are two seating times for early dinner? One at 5:45 and another at 6:15 You wrote rude to be late more than 10 min.! Being from another country I would not like to do that. Or does it mean you can go any time between 5:45 - 6:15?

I am sure that when you reply I will look like a real idot because my question just seems so stupid even to me.

I believe you are the cruise guru. May I ask you one more question please.

As the hairdryers are not that strong. If I bring my one from home it will require an adaptor. Do you know if you can use them on the boat?

Thanks heaps.

Caz:)

Caz: what ship are you sailing

SOme of the older ships have two dining rooms. One will have a seating time at 5:45 and the other will have the time of 6:15.

Depending on where your cabin is located is where your dining room should be.

Hair dryers use a regular plug but since you are not from the US I dont know what kind of plug your hair dryer has.

Archived