Hotel on the way into New Orleans

emdia43

We will be driving in from Louisville so won't arrive until late evening. I don't want to have to drive into NOLA downtown traffic if I can help it so would like to find a hotel on the way into town that I can park at and just taxi to the port in the morning.

If we feel like a little sightseeing that night I would just taxi down to the French Quarter for a stroll around.

Any suggestions welcome.:)

Hello emdia... is money no object? Or do you want to park for free? There has been many threads here regarding hotel parking in NOLA, and the results are that currently there are only 2 hotels offering any type of park and cruise package. One is the Maison St.Charles, the other is the Holiday Inn French Quarter. Both offer free parking while you are on the cruise. Both are downtown or near the FQ. So if you don't mind braving the traffic, you can save yourself a LOT of $$ that you can spend on your cruise!:cool:

• 2 weeks later...

Most of the locals were/are preoccupied with LSU and Saints football!

Anyway....

Late in the evening traffic into downtown is pretty much gone. But if it's not a traffic issue and you just don't want to drive into town late at night.... How far outside of town are you thinking of staying?

Unfortunately due to Katrina, some hotels that were on the outskirts of town coming from the east ( travelling via I-59 south to I-10 west-- Mississippi) aren't around anymore. You could stay in Slidell, but that's a good hour away if you're considering being a tourist that night.

If you're coming from the west ( I-55 south to I-10 East) there are more hotels available in towns like Kenner, Metairie, etc. and about 20-30 minutes away from downtown.

But again, once you're on the interstate driving in it's just a few minutes more to get off at the Tchoupitoulas exit and be at a hotel right by the ship's terminal (from the exit to the hotel is about 5-10 minutes.)

Archived