Questions on CocoCay

Moon Cruiser

No lockers, as sasysutler stated. We left our belongings on a lounger and nobody bothered our things either. We couldn't use a hammock while we were there because people were storing their belongings on them! :p

There's a small straw market there. We didn't shop there but I heard that there isn't much to choose from. Nassau has the large straw market. It's a lot of the same things but if you haven't been it's interesting, to say the least. lol

Enjoy Coco Cay! It's great! :)

The "straw market" at Coco Cay is the only shopping and it's cash only, not your cruise card. As mentioned, much of the items can be purchased in Nassau with greater variety to choose from. If you're going to buy something that says "Bahamas" on it, buy it in Nassau for less. But if you want a t-shirt, magnet, coffee cup, etc that says Coco Cay on it, you won't find that in Nassau. (although the ship's logo store may have a few such items)

BobK/Orlando

I think you might already be on your trip - if so, hope you're having fun! We did scuba diving on CocoCay, and they let us put our things in the "Scuba shack" while we were diving. That way they were not totally unattended.

I thought the straw market there was a decent size, and it was fun!

The scuba dive was fun - don't expect anything amazing. I also didn't enjoy all the swimming from the beach to the dive site.. lazy me, lol. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I loved CocoCay. It was very beautiful and relaxing. The water was so clear blue. The water was really warm, perfect. I did the waverunner excursion, it was a lot of fun. If you dont like to go really fast, I suggest being one of the last in line. They take you to two or three other islands, and tell you stories about the islands, some of them used to be inhabited, but due to all the drug importing they were closed down, and most of the houses are still in tact, but you are not allowed to go on the island. It's kind of scary but fun to take the wave runner across the open ocean to other islands!

There is shopping, things like hats, tshirts, magnets, bags, knick knacks, etc. The food on the island is free, since Royal Caribbean owns the island, it's like eating on the ship.

Archived