Star Clipper Jan 27

Lilysdads

My partner and I will be taking our first Star Clipper cruise in late Jan. Any advice, anyone else out there on this trip? We've been on the big ships (Celebrity), medium big (Crystal) and smallish (Raddison) but nothing like this.

• 3 weeks later...

YOU WILL LOVE IT! My wife and I have been on the Royal Clipper twice and are going to be on the Star Clipper in February. the FIRST time they raise the sails,the engines stop, an eery quiet descends, and then you hear the wind catch the canvas, and the sails POP tight ,and suddenly the ship is moving under wind power alone!,There is no way to explain how really really cool it is to sit in the bow net with a school of dolphin surfing the ship's bow wave below you! Or the stars at night! We would spend an hour or so every night after dinner, sipping wine and watching/counting the shooting stars. After the first night, we had so much company for star gazing that it turned into a nightly after dinner party. people are very friendly, crew is great. Food is good, drinks plentiful. Th ships are beautiful inside and out!! I am SURE you will have a GREAT time!

• 1 month later...

Saw your post asking about Star Clipper and noticed that your sailing date had passed and was wondering, How was your cruise?!?

We are sailing March 24 on the Treasure Islands cruise and wanted to get some insight. Cabin? Food? Ports? Activities? Onboard prices for Drinks... (we read that everything onboard is charged in Euros so that ups most prices by about 20%. Were the drinks priced lower to allow for the exchange?). Any info would be great. Hope you had a great time.

I'll post a more detailed review soon, but just to let you know we were not disapointed in Star Clipper in any way. Cabins are small but well apointed, the ship itself is beautiful, food was good and the places we visited were just enough off the beaten track to make them seem special and all our own. No overcrowed ports full of huge ships and thousands and thousands of tourists. But - what really made this trip special was the care the crew took in creating an atmsophere where the passengers could all relax and be themeselves. We met so many wonderful people, it was hard to get a large enough table to accomodate all the folks we wanted to have dinner with. It was a mix of about 60/40 Amercans and Europeans. Don't know about the drink prices as we don't drink - but no one was complaining. Activities - water skiing, small sail boat and kayak are provided free at the beach - we took one organized trip at Virgin Gorda to the Baths and it was great. At night there is some activities that reminded us of camp (in a good way): team quizes, a crab race and a talent show that we both got suckered in to - great fun. Only thing I would suggest - if you suffer from motion sickness get a "patch" from your doctor. The ship moves more than your big ship. I was never sick at all but other's had one rough night. ENJOY!

Archived