Labadee with Kids

We have three kids who will be traveling with us: ages 5, 7 and 10. What is the "waterpark" type place on Labadee and what is the cost? I am not refering to the one that is in the water, but rather the one on land with the sunken ship and water spouts. Is it crammed with kids making it virtually to crowded to enjoy? If anyone has photos, that would be great.

Kids wanted to do a themepark/waterpark vacation, mom & dad wanted to do a cruise. Since Mom & Dad were paying, we won out. But I also want to get the kids excited that the waterpark-like vacation is not completely lost by taking a cruise.

We just got back and have children ages 4, 11 & 11.

The little waterpark I think you are taliking about is really just a splash area. It has some water canons and a small model ship you can climb on and around. This was great for my 4 year old but there is no way this would keep older children occupied for very long. It was not crowded when we were there. The cost was $5.

The play area in the water had icebergs, trampolines and some other water toys that my older children enjoyed but again this is not a waterpark as I would think of it. The cost was $15.

A third pay for play item was a big inflatible slide that was probably

my childrens favorite activity. The cost was $20 but you then got $5 off the in water play area. So the told cost for both was $30 a person. They are both near each other but the little kids splask area is on another part of the island.

This is not a cheap island if you have kids. I think I would make a very nice living if I just owned the slide.

Since our kids don't ever get to the beach ( we live in Nebraska) they had a blast searching for seashells, splash fights in the water, floating on the floats, they also thought building a big moat to catch crabs was a blast too. Only cost $5 for the float. It was one of their favorite days of the cruise and the first place they ask about when we plan the next one.

Your kids will have so much fun on a cruise with the kids clubs they will probably never want to leave!

Bev

We have three kids who will be traveling with us: ages 5, 7 and 10. What is the "waterpark" type place on Labadee and what is the cost? I am not refering to the one that is in the water, but rather the one on land with the sunken ship and water spouts. Is it crammed with kids making it virtually to crowded to enjoy? If anyone has photos, that would be great.

Kids wanted to do a themepark/waterpark vacation, mom & dad wanted to do a cruise. Since Mom & Dad were paying, we won out. But I also want to get the kids excited that the waterpark-like vacation is not completely lost by taking a cruise.

It seemed in your posts that you're looking at the Voyager class. We just returned from the Freedom (a little larger than Voyager class), and it has the H2O Zone, a water park-like area-wonderful for kids of all ages, no extra fees. I think there was more to do in the H2O Zone than at the land based splash areas on Labadee. I saw adults as well as kids having fun in the area. As previous posters said, the splash areas on Labadee aren't too large, and have fees.

There are so many activities for everyone on board that you probably won't be able to do it all. Whatever you do, you'll have fun.

Archived