Royal Caribbean Wedding

sr1010

Does anyone have any advice, comments, or suggestions about getting married on Royal Caribbean? We are planning to have the wedding at port on Key West aboard the ship. It's the Enchantment of the Seas, so there is no chapel. But I did put in a request to get the Viking Crown Lounge.

We were just married on the Mariner on 6/27/04. It was awesome! We were married in Port Canaveral before we sailed. I can answer any questions you have.

Just so you know, Royal Romance was very easy to work with. We did not have any issues with them and everything turned our perfect.

I wrote a review and it is posted on this Board.

My daughters' getting married on The Mariner in St. Thomas aboard the ship, Oct. 20th. Royal Romance has been very good. I even got the time and location of her wedding already!!! Royal Romance has given me the e-mail to the wedding coordinator in St. Thomas and she's been wonderful!!!!

Good luck,

Sandy

Hi,

OHHHHHH, I'm sorry. It will be in the Chapel at 1:45pm the 2 hour reception will be at 2:15 and you know I don't even remember where that is going to be. We were just so concerned about what time the ceramony would be.

Terry the wedding coordinator in St. Thomas has been in contact with me almost on a daily basis.

I am also gettting married in Key West -- but I'll be on Jewel of the Seas. There's no chapel on the ship and we haven't been provided a location yet. The wedding is on Feb 6th, so it is still early. But we have a pretty big guest list, so we expect we'll be in the Viking Crown or in the Safari Club.

Do you have a date for the wedding?

• 5 weeks later...

When are you getting married? I am also getting married aboard 'Enchantment of the Seas' over Easter 2005. We are hoping to get married in port in Key West. Do you have a link to any pictures of possible cermeony locations on the ship?

• 1 month later...

Hi all, We got married on the Navigator of the Seas Feb of 2003, Royal Romance took very good care of us. It was just the 2 of us. One of the coordinators had to help me into my dress. He was so nice. From a 1-10 I'd give them a 50 + We were married in the Chapel, it was very pretty. Good luck to all future brides. If I can I will post my wedding photos.

We got married aboard Explorer of the Seas on May 1st while in port in Miami (before sailing). We lost 25% of our reception because the "cruise coordinator" from Royal Romance was late picking me up in the cabin. Worst of all, they have consistently denied everything. I've got the Better Business Bureau involved but fear I'll have to hire an attorney to get satisfaction as they are lying to the BBB as well. When you only have a 2-hour reception to start with, losing half an hour is significant (especially since open bar, DJ, etc are priced by the hour). Royal Caribbean likewise has washed their hands of it and directed me back to Royal Romance.

If I had it to do over, I would never deal with Royal Romance at all. I'd have a nice ceremony on an island somewhere, and try to convince all the wedding guests to take the cruise. This way the celebration can continue without time constraints.

Its horrible to have the memory of your wedding day so tainted! Royal Romance knows nothing about customer satisfaction nor do they seem to care. While I admit it may just have been our misfortune to have been assigned this particular wedding coordinator, Royal Romance has certainly taken her word as gospel against the word of my 25 witnesses!

Hi all!

I'm getting married on the Radiance of the Seas on December 12. The ceremony and reception will be in The Colony Club. We are doing the buffet and 2nd hour open bar as well. I'm very excited!

I'd be happy to provide more details if anyone wants to know!

Royal Romance has been great so far. I'm working with Elizabeth and Janet. I made my appointment for my hair to be done thru Royal Romance also. I guess they do it at the Mariott near the port on the morning of sailing. anyone have experience with them? Its $70 for the updo, so it BETTER be great!! LOL!!!!

Looking forward to talking to all of you!!!

I am having my wedding onboard, at the port of Miami, with about 40 non sailing guests coming onboard for the festivities.

What is everyones experience with the provided music? I'm probably going to make my own CD's.....I'd love to hear some suggestions for music. I love Frank Sinatra, Tony Bennet, Harry Connick Jr and I adore Jimmy Buffet, but I am only 29, so I have other tastes in music also. I'm very open minded!!!

Thanks! :)

We were married on the Navigator of the Seas in May '03. It was wonderful. We had the 2 hour lunch buffet w/open bar. Royal Romance did a great job. We had 65 non sailing guests and everyone raved about the food and service. I actually think it went over 2 hours, no one was really keeping track.

Archived