Ironing cost on the cruise

kfirst

I may have to use the iron when I get on the ship because I do not like to put on any wrinkled clothes which clothes tend to get a little wrinkled when they are in the suitcase. Does anyone know approx. how much it cost to use it and is there a certain about of time you have per cost??

I may have to use the iron when I get on the ship because I do not like to put on any wrinkled clothes which clothes tend to get a little wrinkled when they are in the suitcase. Does anyone know approx. how much it cost to use it and is there a certain about of time you have per cost??
I'd recommed ironing in the non peak times.....the Miracle Laundry by our cabin was PACKED prior to formal...go figure......otherwise we never saw anyone around there.

The iron was free on the Pride... I used it one time. We did take a "wrinkle remover" spray. I can't recall exactly who made it, but it was Downey, or Bounce... probably find some in the fabric softener aisle. Ours also came with a lint brush... or the lint brush came with the wrinkle remover. We also took a travel steamer for the DW's fancy dresses.

We found out that wrinkles are in fashion on Carnival's funships. The only person who cares about your wrinkles is you... everyone is too bothered worrying about their own to notice yours. This applies to more wrinkles than those found in clothing upon unpacking.

The irons are free on all carnival ships but as stated they will be in high demand during the afternoon and evening of a formal night. As the first sea day is usually a formal night and you feel so strongly about wrinkles, I would suggest you work in time for ironing your things the first evening once your luggage has arrived. Atleast this way it is done and you can relax. The next best time would be early the next morning.

The iron itself is free. I usually go late on the first night and go ahead and iron our formals, otherwise you will stand in line if you wait til formal night. I learned that one the hard way :rolleyes: . I waited over 45 minutes for an iron..

I can't remember where I got this tip from, but my friend told me the Miracle didn't have irons. So, I ironed everything before I left and packed my dresses in the Ziploc Big Bags (XL size). It worked wonderfully! I had to iron one of my dresses for the casual nights, but both of my formals and the rest of my casual dresses were great.

I can't remember where I got this tip from, but my friend told me the Miracle didn't have irons. So, I ironed everything before I left and packed my dresses in the Ziploc Big Bags (XL size). It worked wonderfully! I had to iron one of my dresses for the casual nights, but both of my formals and the rest of my casual dresses were great.
We had verandah balconies down from the stack and we had a laundry w/irons about 4 rooms aft of ours.

Kfirst - All Carnival ships have passenger laundry rooms. There's never a charge to use the irons. If you have a few wrinkles, no one will notice, believe me. Another thing you can do - steam up your bathroom and let the clothing hang in there a few minutes, and the wrinkles steam away.:)

Archived