Panama with a 5 year old

star10

We will be on Carnival's Liberty cruise 2/17-2/25.. there are 11 of us altogether. One is my 5 year old daughter.

Any suggestions on what to do with her? We love adventurous excursions. She isn't afraid of anything... but I want to keep her safe.

I notice that many of Carnival's excursions have a min. age of 8 :confused:

check the ports a call for Costa Rica. There are lots of great tours. I would give some thought to Oscar Brown. He is great, she would enjoy the wildlife and there is nothing he offers that would be of any danger. I would guess you are doing Panama as well, if it were me, after just returning from a similar cruise, I would just stay on ship in Panama. Maybe going ashore and meangering around the little mall and straw market would be fun, but I don't think I would do any tours. The only good Panama tours are very long. Even though she is a trooper, I would still not try venturing off the ship. NMnita

• 1 month later...

We were on the Liberty in JAN with our 6 year old daughter. We used Oscar Brown for Costa Rica. We did the zip line. Our daughter was the youngest and smallest that this zip line company had ever done. She is 32 lbs and 41 inches tall. They had her go tandem with an instructor and she loved it. She really enjoyed it and wasn't the slightest bit scared. I showed her videos on the internet before we went to show her what it was going to be like. In Panama, we booked with http://www.myfriendmario.com. They do not charge for 5 years old and under. We did the Panama Canal tour and Empera Indian Village. My daughter did not enjoy the Panama Canal portion and was very bored for the morning. She did like the canoe ride and playing in the waterfall. It is very rocky and unlevel walking to the waterfall, recommend you bring good water shoes or plan to carry her. It is not too far a walk from where the canoe drops you off. My daughter LOVED the Indian Village and seeing the children. They even danced with her. We shared our fruit snacks and skittles with the Indian children and they really enjoyed that. In Costa Maya, we went to the Mayan Ruins. Our daughter was very bored on the hour ride to the Ruins and not at all interested in listening to the history of the Ruins. I would plan a beach day or swim at the pier pool in Cost Maya.

Archived