brewers beach questions please

lgarner

Sounds like the snorkeling is good here - is the beach pretty? We were planning on Cane Garden Beach but after the stories about the sewage in the water from the yachts - I think we will pick Brewers. Is the cab $6 pp each way? Are there umbrellas for rent?

Thanks a million - leaving in a few days and getting sooooo excited!

Lisa

Lisa,

The snorkeling at Brewer's is better so you are not making a bad choice, however the stories about the water at CGB are just that, stories. The locals and visitors swim there all the time and the water has been tested and found to be fine.

I don't know a whole lot on cab fares as I do my own driving when I'm on island, however I would think $10 or less per person if you have at least two people. I do know it's best to make your round trip arrangements with the driver in advance and some will not let you pay until the return trip.

We went to Brewer's on Christmas Day for $6.00 per person one way. We asked the driver to come back in a few hours and he did. There were plenty of cabs once you step off the pier. They'll gladly take you wherever you want to go and come back for you.

I don't recall umbrellas but there seemed to be plenty of shade from the trees in areas.

The snorkeling was great. We have our own gear but you can rent if you need to. The water was clean, clear, no sewerage. There is a little shop with drinks and some food. Brewer's Beach is very pretty and you feel like you are away from the beaten path.

Archived